• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Deer camp canoe trip

"Nice Canadian Dinner Jacket, too. I'm really interested in your tent system, but I can't figure out how all your connectors and things work. I'm a total n00b at this stuff.
Thanks for posting."

I love those wool jack shirts, just something about them makes me want to smoke a Marlboro....

When I bought the wall tent, I bought what they call an "angel kit",
images

I bought some pine closet pole (1 and 1/8" diameter) and use the pine for legs, ridge poles and rafters, 11 pieces in all. The poles slip into the angle tubes and when I drape the tent over the frame and tie it down the frame is very ridge and surprisingly strong.

If I where to make a tent from scratch, I would start with an interior frame from an angle kit and pine closet pole and build the canvas tent around the frame.

I'm a fan of things American that aren't supposed to be good for you. For instance, after a dozen of these...

I'm pretty sure I look like this guy while smoking my Camel Lights

But in reality, I am actually this guy

So you can see, Bud lite and Camel Lites are really good for the self-esteem. Thanks you America!

I don't know why you're all uptight about how you look after a couple suds or smokes. If you just pass them around, heck we'll all look good.

Nice camera angles in that video. Even in the tent! Nice write up and pictures too. Sounds like filming a video was probably one of the easier parts of that trip.
That 18 footer has a nice traditional look to it, so even if you left empty handed, you still left in style.

My dad and I got rained out mid October a few years ago. I feel your pain. Don't quit though, it's what keeps you young! I enjoy your videos.

Maybe a propane burner to heat the tent and cook on? Lows in the fall is usually bad for firewood as its been picked clean from the season. Since October is usually rainy, you wouldn't have to split out wet logs to get a fire going.

Jason

Back