• Happy National Bean Counter Day! 🫘🔢🧮

Clear Cedar Planks For Sale

Reaction score
This is my first post to sell on this forum so please bear with me. I'm cleaning out my shop and have some beautiful 1x12 white cedar planks I would like to sell. Dimensions for the wood is 3/4" thick x 11 1/2" wide clear planks about 17 feet long. Some have checks or splits in their ends. There are a total of 7 planks which I would like to sell as a lot for $350.00. That about $3.00 a board foot which seems to be a fair price.

The cedar was originally purchased by my father way back in the early 70's and ended up being stored in his basement till his death in 1991. Since then, I have been dragging it around waiting for an inspiration to make something out of the wood. The wood has always been stored under cover and never exposed to the elements. I'm almost 70 and have realized that it's not going to happen and wood of this grade needs to be passed on to somebody who knows how to make something beautiful out of it instead of just cutting it up. It's currently stored in the loft of my pole barn and I have a few fuzzy pictures of the lumber if anyone is interested. My location is Port Orange Florida just south of Daytona Beach and I can take better pictures if needed.

Thanks, EdIMG_20230411_135157070.jpg

You might find buyers on the Wooden Canoe Heritage Association forum, or the WoodenBoat page on Facebook.

From the photo it appears to be red cedar though the photo may be misleading. I'm definitely interested in all or some of it. Can you take some additional pictures? I'm in Floral City Fl. about an hour and a half or two hours west of you.

Given the location and lack of knots, I am guessing Atlantic White Cedar. This makes nice planking. Doesn't steam bend as well as Northern White Cedar for ribs.

From the photo it appears to be red cedar though the photo may be misleading. I'm definitely interested in all or some of it. Can you take some additional pictures? I'm in Floral City Fl. about an hour and a half or two hours west of you.
It is white cedar, been wood working for years and know the difference between the two. I'll climb up into the loft and get some better pictures, just give me a few days to get back up there.

Here are some better pictures. I took a good look at the wood and two of the planks have an about three foot split or flaw down the middle of one end. You can see it in the new pictures. They are a full 16 feet long but one or two have chips or small cracks in their ends. Still really nice wood. Since you are coming over from Flora City which is a long drive I will drop the price down to $300.00. I spread out the stack of planks so you can see what they look like and the flaws in the ends of two of them. Let me know if still interested, thanks Ed.

Attachments

• IMG_20230426_110108139.jpg
    IMG_20230426_110108139.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20230426_105943696.jpg
    IMG_20230426_105943696.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20230426_110145165.jpg
    IMG_20230426_110145165.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 9
Back