• Happy 1st Showing of a Color Photograph (1861)! 📷🎥🏳️‍🌈

China & Coffee

Reaction score
On my recent trip to China here is the only "paddling" I saw. He was propelling the boat with rudder/paddle.DSCN5099.JPG

DSCN5190.JPG DSCN5191.JPG DSCN5192.JPG
Coffee was not very abundant either, although I could find it at KFC, McDonald's and Starbucks - thankfully my daughter had plenty at her place. I did find some interesting coffee setups at the grocery stores though and wonder if anyone has seen anything like this - should work well on wilderness trips. Just tear of the top and pour the coffee through the bag. I did try this out and it's pretty good. Brought a bunch home to try them out this summer but wonder if there is any place to buy these on this side of the pacific.

DSCN5193.JPG

Also found this that you pour hot water in the bag and it makes up 2 cups that you pour out through the small spout. Haven't tried this one yet but will soon on my BWCA trip in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• DSCN5190.JPG
    DSCN5190.JPG
    449.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN5193.JPG
    DSCN5193.JPG
    444.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN5191.JPG
    DSCN5191.JPG
    466.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN5192.JPG
    DSCN5192.JPG
    451.4 KB · Views: 0
Mugmate byMSR is a basket you put on cup. Add ground coffee. Then add hot water. We have been camping with one forever. We thought that Keurigs were hence no big deal and mug mate was just a minor but more work. Sure enough Keurigs are now coming out with metal baskets

I've seen the 'Coffee Brewer' fixn's is the US, in the freeze dried chow section of a sporting goods store, they seemed pretty expensive to me for a couple cups of coffee.

I have a small silicone pour though brewer made my GSI, that sits on the cup and allows simply pouring hot water though regular ground coffee. It works pretty good, collapses very compact and is light weight.

31ez-vC6daL.jpg

My wife and I use this insulated Stanley press on raft trips, with a lanyard tied though the handle, though I can tell you they do float haha Nothing quite like enjoying a fresh ground and pressed cup of coffee while quietly drifting in the morning though canyon country :- ) Pressing makes the best cup of coffee in our opinion and on group trips there's always hot water in the kitchen first thing in the morning. You can also brew tea in it if you need to get your leaf on.

index.jpg

It looks a lot like this. Wife on the sticks, trying to figure out what rapid is up ahead in that bend and me lounging the morning away :- )

Grand Canyon 10-11 2014 284.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom