• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Cheap Gear Alerts

G

I have an idea I’d like to pitch to the Canoe Tripping community. This morning I checked the REI outlet site and saw that it had an amazing “Deal of the Day” on the MSR Hubba Hubba tent.

http://www.rei.com/outlet

That is a helluva price on a very nice tent and auxiliary vestibule.

There are more outlet/discount/closeout sites for gear than anyone wants to check every day. Sierra Trading Post, Steep & Cheap, Backcountry Outlet, even Campmor. Others I’m sure.

If anyone happens upon a notable on-line gear bargain lets post a link and share the good fortune. The real steals sometimes last only a single day or quickly sell out.

So mike, if I understand you: you want to start a listing on the site that brings to our attention offerings in the market place of gear that we probably have several of already. No room to store anymore, the very one's that we now have cause to wonder what we were thinking when we bought it? At probable prices that so stuns our good senses that we will have lost any sober judgment we might ever have had? Plus, knowing full well that if we bring home anymore camping gear we'll stand a very good chance of becoming victims of domestic assault if not worse. What a bloody awful idea.

Sound's like fun! Let's do it!!!

Best Wishes, Rob

So mike, if I understand you: you want to start a listing on the site that brings to our attention offerings in the market place of gear that we probably have several of already. No room to store anymore, the very one's that we now have cause to wonder what we were thinking when we bought it? At probable prices that so stuns our good senses that we will have lost any sober judgment we might ever have had? Plus, knowing full well that if we bring home anymore camping gear we'll stand a very good chance of becoming victims of domestic assault if not worse. What a bloody awful idea.

Rob, you got it.

You can lessen the potential for domestic violence by memorizing the wife’s clothing sizes, and when you see something heavily discounted in a style and color she would like, buy it and hide it in a closet, at least until you are suddenly made aware that you’ve forgotten another anniversary or mother’s day.

Trust me, when she finds outlet packages in the mailbox she’ll think “Well, maybe it’s something for me”

I can only trust that REI’s purchase algorithms recognize that the sports bras and colorful fleece snugglies are not for me.

I need followup advice on how to cover it up when it comes? Should I just pretend some gear gave birth to more gear? That UPS made a horrid delivery mistake?

All our tents are blue or orange. This green is going to be very obviously not an offspring of the others.

All is well as long as the poster does not demand "finder's fees"

Last edited:
Back