• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Carrying Place Canoes - Designs not available anymore

I see the seller of the Jacks Special dropped the price to $1200/bo USD.

I don't know if this canoe is the right hull shape for Travis, and I continue to doubt its virtue as a tandem, but if one wants a wood/canvas solo canoe in very good condition, $1200 USD is a very attractive price. I'm surprised it hasn't already sold in the Ottawa area.

I am grateful as heck for all the insight I find here (now that im back in Missouri from a family camping in Arkansas)

Although I really want a excellent and unigue wood/canvas or cedar strip tandem/solo, I don't regret turning down the sellers offer to bring it to me here in Missouri at the discounted price. ( I have a Northwind solo for that particular purpose). and I have a tandem canoe for tripping with the wife.
After all the research, feedback from firsthand and info though I would enjoy the Jack's occasionally , it would sit to much. to tippy for tandem with wife, to heavy to load/unload off my pickup racks.
I'll wait and see what shows up locally over time that doesn't need 100s of hours of work to get on the water.

what a great group you guys(and gals) are! no belittling, honest feedback, insightful comments. I love that.
I will also say, that the seller, Jeff, went all out to get me that canoe if I would have it. if anyone is wanting it I suggest contacting him and he will probably make you a great deal.

The Seller is now a "previous owner" , not sure who bought it but someone else is now enjoying this rare canoe

Back