• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Canoetripping community, I could use your help.

Reaction score
I fear I have exhausted every resource and do not know what else to do. Long story short, Last winter I finalized a deal on a wood canvas canoe in Canada. Eventually, the canoe was delivered to Sault St. Marie, very near the border at Conor Mihell’s house. The canoe has Has been stuck there since about one week before our borders closed. As November is nearly upon us, the COVID numbers are on the rise here in the States and our borders show no sign of reopening any time soon, likely a year.

I feel terrible he is stuck for so long babysitting my canoe. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I would welcome any suggestions.

Thank you,

Bob

As Odyssey suggests, have it shipped across the bridge and pick it up there. For that short of a hop you wouldn't need to get it all boxed up. just a local company to drive it across. Might not be cheap, but it would get it across the border.

Brian

If you use any trucking company, even if it is for a really short drive, make sure it is protected properly, wc are not light and small, so lots of things can happen.... I’ve seen canoes Lansing here that were destroyed!! Better be safe than sorry!!

People can't cross the border (and it's been awhile since I've crossed one) but last time I was there it was just a line. Can't you both go to the border & just hand it across? I mean the thing's GOTTA be long enough to reach across a line... pay for his gas.

Well I found a good looking and great condition Atkinson traveller 17.5’ WC canoe in Seattle for a great price assuming it is in the condition the seller claim it is... but no way to get it really!!

Back