• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Canoecopia 2020

Reaction score
Well, It's that time of the year! Canoecopia 2020 begins Friday March 13, 2020 and goes thru Sunday. I, for one, will be there working the show as I have for the last dozen or so years. I hope to see many of my friends and friends to be there. Let me know if I should be looking for you at the show. Safe travels to those of you on the road trip to Madison, WI.

I'm coming up! haven't been in a few years....looking forward to it. Looks like a lot of great presenters/presentations.....I'm trying to bookmark all of the ones I want to see....going to be a busy weekend.

Mike

I will be there this year again. CCS first was there in 1985. Been there almost every year since. I have gone to two programs over the years. First year I will be co - presenting with Jay Gutherie on the San Juan River in Utah.

Dan,
your presentation is already highlighted on my program. A couple of my friends were with you on that trip......

mike

For many getting together with on-line friends is the highlight of Canoecopia. The Quiet Journey folks are one such group. Anyone is welcome meet with us at the Country Inn and Suites in the area of Rutabaga's store. It is a great time to pick brains and make notes on your maps. This group is most familiar with Quetico, Woodland Caribou, Wabakimi and Atikaki (Manitoba.) Friday afternoon many gather and forego the show until the the next day. We order pizzas when needed so no need to commit now. We have a donation can and you can view the cost in the link below. Sat. after the show we gather again and have some top rated barbecue delivered to our meeting room. The room is to the right when you enter the hotel lobby. We do need to have a handle on how much to order so please leave note here:

I will be there this year again. CCS first was there in 1985. Been there almost every year since. I have gone to two programs over the years. First year I will be co - presenting with Jay Gutherie on the San Juan River in Utah.

I am looking forward to your presentation, also.

Everything is cancelled here, by governors order, even spectators for March madness! Gotta think CC continuing is not the responsible thing to do.

The NCAA tournament is now cancelled. I've wasted 4-1/2 months of my life.

Last edited:
Kevin Callan just backed out, as his employer imposed a mandatory 2 week home isolation (no pay) for anyone crossing borders. Probably be more no shows as things develop.

As of this morning Canoecopia is still on. I know that Bryon Hansel has also backed out of his presentations. This is a major part of Rutabagas annual business so I hope this doesn't put them in a world of hurt. You have to assume that if it is held attendance will be way down which is too bad since this is the premier paddling event/showcase south of the border.

I feel really bad for everyone who made plans, spent money, or relies on Canoecopia. However, it would be easier to reschedule this event than many others that are being cancelled, events important to affected communities and businesses.

May I make the suggestion that the cancellation of a locally sponsored event such as Canoecopia be a reminder to us. It should remind us that we need to support those businesses, organizations, clubs, etc. that promote and support the activities on which we thrive. Renew your appreciation for your local or regional paddling club, shop or a group that is working to preserve or improve paddling environs.
Thanks.
Happy Spring!

May I make the suggestion that the cancellation of a locally sponsored event such as Canoecopia be a reminder to us. It should remind us that we need to support those businesses, organizations, clubs, etc. that promote and support the activities on which we thrive. Renew your appreciation for your local or regional paddling club, shop or a group that is working to preserve or improve paddling environs.
Thanks.
Happy Spring!

Yes. And Canoecopia is a large part of income for Rutabaga. Please consider purchasing from them. What we don't want is the loss of another paddlesport shop owned locally by a paddler and his fellow paddlers.

Back