• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Canoe pants?

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used Rail Riders canoe pants? I remember Hoop used to strongly recommend them,but it has been a year since I have spoken with him. Any one use these pants?

Bob.

I wear them ALL the time. They have replaced jeans in my wardrobe for everyday wear as well as for hiking, camping, canoeing. They are tough as nails, dry quickly, are comfortable, etc. I have a couple of weatherpants, winter weatherpants, and X-treme adventure pants. I am wearing a pair as I sit here tonight. I wore a single pair of the winter weatherpants for 3 weeks straight on a high arctic kayak trip.

dang, I am going to order a pair this week. I'll give a quick review at the end of June after I've lived in them for ten days.

Hi, I checked out web site looks good. My question is what would be the model pant to wear in mid-Atlantic area, early spring/ fall etc. for canoeing, Thanks. Ravenwolf;

The weatherpants and the adventure pants have an elastic and Velcro closure at the ankles. I would get either the winter weatherpants or the adventure pants for cooler weather.
If the ankle closure isn't to your taste the versatac pants would do.

Last edited:
Hello, and thanks, Dave I will get some in future. Best to you. Ravenwolf;

All- Remember these are synthetic so sparks from a campfire/cooking fire will melt a hole in them.

So my pants are in at the post office, but I didn't pick them up yet because there is a 44 dollar Customs charge on them. So with shipping, that's almost 70 dollars extra to get a 99 dollar product! I emailed the company, but no response so far. So Canadian customers...beware!

Back