• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Canoe hauling

Kind of surprised canoe transport is not its own sub-forum.
There have been a lot of surprises on this site over the years, but this is a very good forum idea. Too bad it wasn't implemented at the beginning, because the way I do things it would mean my combing through 11 years of threads to find all the canoe transport threads and moving them into the new forum. I searched out and moved over 700 threads during the migration and reorganization last August. Tedious.

Nevertheless, I'll consider this. We indeed have had lots of creative transport ideas here over the years and lots of helpful pictures. Members taking the time to contribute detailed information, descriptions, opinions and pictures in our many specific forums is one of the things that distinguishes CTN from other canoe/paddle sites, in my opinion.

Yknpdlr, that's a great set-up. You can even open the back with out untying your canoe. Great setup.
yup, thanks. With a 9 day easy partial sight-seeing trip from the Adirondacks to Whitehorse, plus 6 days to return home from Dawson City. Needed flexibility in accessing gear in and off the car.

Got 4 eye bolts this evening and started modifying them for my stop bolts. IMG_20220214_193549653~2.jpg
Smashed, or hammered, the heads a little flat so they fit inside the groove, and put a 90 degree bend in themIMG_20220214_193614867~2.jpg
Used a larger drill bit and recessed the washer and nut below the surface.IMG_20220214_195553005~2.jpg
They hold fast and solid. A little sanding and some type of preservative finish and I should be ready to see how canoe fits. I'm anxious to see how all this works out.

I've been doing this on top of my shop door windows. Got to get them windows in, maybe tomorrow.

Testing out a new way to transport my Outboard.

Attachments

• 20220529_152804.jpg
    20220529_152804.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 15
Back