• Happy Star Wars Day! 🌇🚶🏼‍,👑👊🏼🔙

Campfire Baked Apples

Reaction score
If you haven't clogged your arteries enough with Hot Buttered Rum, you can use the same compound butter to make some tasty stuffed and baked apples over the campfire. Enjoy!

Reactions: Tom
Okay, now I'm convinced you're trying to get us all drunk and fat. Where do I sign up?
Another nice recipe. Thanks tear-knee.

Alcohol, fat, sugar, salt. What more does any reasonable human want? :p

dang you young ones with your fast metabolisms and healthy livers. I smell a conspiracy to take us older folks out of the equation and keep all the prime tripping routes to themselves.

Thanks for the recipe.

Sweeper: You answered my question. I was going to ask if this could be done with a reflector oven.

Sweeper: You answered my question. I was going to ask if this could be done with a reflector oven.
I had originally planned to make it in the reflector oven, but the fire grate at our site wouldn't fit ours. We carried it for nothing, so we needed to replenish those wasted calories with ALL THE BUTTER

It took a while to cook in the RO but a lot of the problem was due to the heavy rain.

Ok, enough already!!! here I am prediabetic, and a bad ticker, and you guys keep talking about sweet drinks and snacks! (just kidding :rolleyes: )
Seriously you guys that find that some firepits suck for cooking could do what I do; If I know I'm going to cook on the fire, I bring a couple of pieces of 3/8" rebar 2' long (fire irons). You can place them across just about any pit or fireplace and put your pots on them. for the reflector oven simply place them on one edge of the pit and put an appropriately sized rock or log under the other end, this will not only hold the oven at the fire's edge, it also lifts the oven up even with the fire. I keep mine in a pouch I made out of the leg of an old pair of jeans to keep the soot contained, and use a baker's rack for a grill for BBQing

scoutergriz normally I'll rearrange the giant rock piles into more manageable three-wall pits and prop up the back of the oven if I have to, but in the Kawartha Parks site we were at, they had an iron fire ring and grate so I used tinfoil and a pot to make an "oven" instead.
Oh, I also have a lovely recipe for cassoulet with sausage and cooked in bacon fat, if that's more your thing :p

I bring a couple of pieces of 3/8" rebar 2' long (fire irons). I keep mine in a pouch I made out of the leg of an old pair of jeans to keep the soot contained, and use a baker's rack for a grill for BBQing

Good idea. rebar and the jeans pouch, Thanks

Back