• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Camp Temagami here we come!

Reaction score

Headwaters Canoes

356374692_751310356997121_1988379511738453099_n.jpgCamp Temagami here we come!

3 Garrys, 1 Cronje and a Fort on their way to Temagami this week.
These canoes, and canoes like them for several camps in Temagami, have stories from many paddlers and many trips deep in the grain of their hulls.
Their trips have been logged over their 10-20+ years of use that tell a short but dense history of use.
They have traveled in Temagami and Ontario's little north, to James Bay, Northern Quebec and Labrador.
A fresh canvas and repaired hull is an exciting window into their future and the experiences they will provide for many young people to come.
There are life lessons in these canoes, who is excited to find them?

Is that the camp with the program where you can donate a w/c canoe and they will send you the logs of where the boat has been? If so I think it is a great program.
I have heard of that program but I'm not sure which canoe camp does it. I think a lot of the alumni of the older camps have deep pockets, shelling out 4-5 grand to sponsor a camp canoe sounds pretty appealing. They keep accurate records of each canoe, some have been on many amazing trips from what I have read.

I have heard of that program but I'm not sure which canoe camp does it. I think a lot of the alumni of the older camps have deep pockets, shelling out 4-5 grand to sponsor a camp canoe sounds pretty appealing. They keep accurate records of each canoe, some have been on many amazing trips from what I have read.

Back