• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Burnt Island with the kids

Reaction score
I took my family up to Burnt Island for a couple of nights last week. The kids loved it, so did the mosquitoes (on the portages, our site was somehow bug free). Here’s the report:

Drew

As usual Drew your write ups are worth sitting down with a beer to read! Love your story telling and always look forward to when you post a TR. Thanks for sharing!

dougd

I enjoy your TR's and pictures on your site. If you think PEI is a on par with your beautiful pictures of the Algonquin Lakes, then I'm thinking that I should put it on my bucket list. I have never been to the Northern East Coast, could you give me some towns, villages and route numbers on PEI that I should investigate. I have long wanted to visit L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland, to see where some of my distant Scandinavian relatives spent some time, back in the day.

Very well-written trip report. Thank you.

I've sea kayaked PEI, though one day we actually ran a river into the harbor. The sea is preternaturally warm for the latitude. PEI doesn't at all remind me of the Algonquin area. There are only some small ponds. It impressed me as a beach, tidal river and ocean coast place.

Back