• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Buffalo

Reaction score
The following is quoted from a spam thread. Pulling it out so Glenn can delete the spam thread.

Believe whatever you want.
I find Divinity in the mountains, the mule deer, the rivers, elk, buffalo, and salmon. The forests. and wild horses Praise to the Creator.

I'm curious, where can you paddle and see bison/buffalo?

The Little Missouri must occasionally have enough water to float a canoe. Bison are among the animals who water on the Little Mo according to the website for Theodore Roosevelt National Park. So, you conceivably could paddle there and see buffalo. I’m also thinking on paddle trips near Yellowstone. I once was stalled near a buffalo jam near Custer, SD. That was in my truck on a highway, but they must drop by local streams to get water. So, I think you could encounter buffalo on a river trip, but it would probably take some luck.

Before Chesuncook house burned down, the proprietor raised bison, so that’s another place you could have seen a buffalo from a canoe. the buffalo was behind the house, so seeing it from the boat might have required field glasses.

I think the OP was from India or somewhere close to there. Lots of buffalo there, though they're water buffalo, not bison buffalo like the ones here in NA.

I think the OP was from India or somewhere close to there.

The OP of the original thread, both now sent to the spirit world, was from Pakistan according to his IP address. It is @ppine who has buffaloed us. His adventures have taken us all over North America, in or on many modes of transportation, meeting all sorts of men, women and beasts.

By the way, for you wags who don't believe I am a morning person, you are so so so wrong. Since retirement, I am at my peak powers from midnight to 3 am every morning. Can't get much early birder than that!

It is unfortunate the OP didn't want to talk about canoe tripping. The Indus River valley contains most of Pakistan's population. It has a rich history and has been irrigated for millennia.

It's also historical habitat for water buffalo.

Hey, Glenn wanted more posts... (personally, I think those threads are fun once in awhile, especially on the rare occasion that one of the OPs remains engaged. You know the thread's nuked as soon as Glenn wakes up so might as well have some fun...)

BTW: Just like college: midnight - 3am is a night owl, not an early bird. Early birds fall asleep on the couch around 9 and wake up at 3.

Back