• Happy Birthday, Gary Cooper (1901-61)! 📽️☝🏻🕛

Bill Masson

That's interesting, I never thought about how it would be to have a father who was and is loved by so many. It must be hard to part with his things but I suppose that over a long career in the woods and rivers he must have accumulated quite a heap of gear. Probably most of it really worn out but too rich in memories to pitch.

Hey, Canotrouge, did you ever figure out about that "review before being posted" what that was all about? Most of my problems on the site have been when I forgot to clean out my mail box and it got too full.

I've been puzzled by you name: the cano (e) part I get but what is a trouge? Is it some Canadian name for some part of camping or canoeing gear?

Best Wishes, Rob

I know what it feels like to hold onto treasured items from a loved one(s), and facing the uncertainty of whether to let them go or keep them forever. Having several others in the family to disperse these mementoes amongst helps. I'm sure there are many of you who've gone through this also. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that Bill Mason was a national treasure. It's a generous gift to see some of his possessions donated to various museums. The lucky soul who buys these or other items will hopefully value them as much as so many lovers of art, prose, film making bushcraft skills and canoe tripping have treasured and appreciated Bill's talents in our great outdoors. I'm sure the Mason family have many, many things of Bill's throughout their homes and lives; it's a generous gesture to share some of these with us.

Forgive me if I'm stepping out of bounds here, but I think... canot - canoe. rouge - red. Our friend is red canoe in French.

No Title

That's interesting, I never thought about how it would be to have a father who was and is loved by so many. It must be hard to part with his things but I suppose that over a long career in the woods and rivers he must have accumulated quite a heap of gear. Probably most of it really worn out but too rich in memories to pitch.

Hey, Canotrouge, did you ever figure out about that "review before being posted" what that was all about? Most of my problems on the site have been when I forgot to clean out my mail box and it got too full.

I've been puzzled by you name: the cano (e) part I get but what is a trouge? Is it some Canadian name for some part of camping or canoeing gear?

Best Wishes, Rob

They are looking into it...

As for the Canot Rouge, canot, french for canoe... And rouge is for red!!
And like they say Red canoes are faster.... And most of the canoe I own are red...

Attachments

• photo1752.jpg
    photo1752.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 0
They are looking into it...

As for the Canot Rouge, canot, french for canoe... And rouge is for red!!
And like they say Red canoes are faster.... And most of the canoe I own are red...

Wow. 5 speedsters and 1 slowpoke. Nice collection rouge.

Wow. 5 speedsters and 1 slowpoke. Nice collection rouge.

Yeah, the slowpoke is gone... It was actually quite fast for a ww boat... and there is an other red one that is not on the picture.... So it make is 5/5...

YC...then you end up with a Red Green canoe....likely made of duct tape and coat hangers.

Like button would be great!! Cause I like those last 3 post... to funny!

Back