• Happy Incorporation of Hudson's Bay Co. (1670) 🍁🦫🪓

Bell Merlin ll Solo Canoe $1800.00

Reaction score
2002 Bell Merlin II Solo Canoe in Kevlight with an almond gel coat with a few superficial scratches and a small touch up on the stem, as noted in pics. This beautiful boat weighs in at 33 lbs and is a dream to paddle! The Merlin II is responsive with great tracking, and it handles windy conditions quite well. It is trimmed in honey ash with deep walnut decks and a pair of sitting drops(currently installed) and a set of kneeling drops. This is a rare beauty that makes it difficult for one to look away. 1000003984.jpg1000003985.jpg1000003986.jpg1000003987.jpg1000003989.jpg1000003990.jpg

2002 Bell Merlin II Solo Canoe in Kevlight with an almond gel coat with a few superficial scratches and a small touch up on the stem, as noted in pics. This beautiful boat weighs in at 33 lbs and is a dream to paddle! The Merlin II is responsive with great tracking, and it handles windy conditions quite well. It is trimmed in honey ash with deep walnut decks and a pair of sitting drops(currently installed) and a set of kneeling drops. This is a rare beauty that makes it difficult for one to look away. View attachment 136814View attachment 136815View attachment 136816View attachment 136817View attachment 136818View attachment 136820
Wow, that's beautiful. I'll have to sell off a few of mine to swing it but that won't stop me from taking this one off your hands asap. I'm in Pa but can take a trip up to NY next week. Please contact me so we can discuss.

Wow, that's beautiful. I'll have to sell off a few of mine to swing it but that won't stop me from taking this one off your hands asap. I'm in Pa but can take a trip up to NY next week. Please contact me so we can discuss.
When the time get closer for you to visit we can exchange personal info and go from there. Did that work for you?

Wow, that's beautiful. I'll have to sell off a few of mine to swing it but that won't stop me from taking this one off your hands asap. I'm in Pa but can take a trip up to NY next week. Please contact me so we can discuss

Yes... but somewhat less; I'm wondering if the Kevlight layup is okay for me. Not the best track record what I've found online. Still a gorgeous specimen, but with my hulking 230 lb. x 6'-3" frame, this may not be ideal for me and my paddling style. I tend to be clumsy and sometimes hit rocks and stuff when paddling. I wonder how durable this 20+ year-old hull will be under my considerable weight. Not sure if contemporary composite layups are better suited for a Clydesdale paddler like me...

Yes... but somewhat less; I'm wondering if the Kevlight layup is okay for me. Not the best track record what I've found online. Still a gorgeous specimen, but with my hulking 230 lb. x 6'-3" frame, this may not be ideal for me and my paddling style. I tend to be clumsy and sometimes hit rocks and stuff when paddling. I wonder how durable this 20+ year-old hull will be under my considerable weight. Not sure if contemporary composite layups are better suited for a Clydesdale paddler like me...
I sent you a private msg.

A worker associate of mine once told us his wife tells him "when you try to be funny you not" ! Or appreciated! As is the case with those who just can't help themselves by commenting when they don't have useful things too say..........

Is the boat still for sale? If so, where are you located?

CastIronSkillet, Spaniel hasn't been here in a few weeks. If you send him a private conversation (PM) about the canoe, that will also generate an email to him. That may be the best way to get his attention.

I'm sorry, the boat has been sold!
How do I mark the item as sold or delete the original post?

Last edited:
Consider reaching out to Redfeather (ORC/Bell) - they are starting up manufacturing of the Merlin again and it's SWEET. Not sure how many they have just yet - but I've been paddling the first one for a few months now and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

I'm sorry, the boat has been sold!
How do I mark the item as sold or delete the original post?

You just did. I prefer sellers just to add a "Sold" post in the thread when they sell, rather than asking me to edit the title.

Color me nieve, sorry on this forum I have no idea how to edit the original post.

You have 48 hours to edit a post. After that, your edit button disappears. Only I can edit posts older than that. The following pinned thread explains these things and many other forum features:

When you sell a boat via a thread in the Classifieds forum, and if your 48 hours to edit the OP have passed, just add a final post in the thread saying "Sold".

Back