• Happy Incorporation of Hudson's Bay Co. (1670) 🍁🦫🪓

Axe handle build

Axe is complete. No photos of shaping the top of handle, misplaced memory card.... likely buried in shavings from the handle.

Finished product turned out pretty good for a 1st timer.

IMG_0307

IMG_0308

IMG_0306

IMG_0304

For about $15 and some enjoyable shop time I now have a nice vintage axe.

This is the canoe the axes are sitting in. Sold it this morning. Cash in pocket means I can now hunt down another canoe..... and an axe head.

IMG_0259 (2)

Axe is complete.
For about $15 and some enjoyable shop time I now have a nice vintage axe.

Cash in pocket means I can now hunt down another canoe..... and an axe head.

Nice work. And far faster than my puttering ways.

I will hunt down more canoes, but I’m drawing the addiction line at actively hunting down more axe heads. If I happen upon one at a yard sale or flea market and it struck my fancy I’d call it meant to be, but for a $50 Paypal I could keep myself in axe projects for the next few months.

This has been an unintended turn for me down the axe road and, sad to say, I haven’t even touched the axes I actually use most often.

danged addictive. I better find a canoe project soon.

Looks great! What was the make of the canoe you sold?

The canoe is a 15' Cedarwood, assume it's their version of a Chum. If I play my cards right, I may be able to pick up a Chestnut Deer (Pal) in a couple of weeks. Been looking for a 17' Cruiser or Prospector now for some time but not much luck, the 16' Deer may have to do,assuming I can get it....

Too bad you are not closer, we have a 16 foot Canadian for sale, very similar to Chestnut cruiser.

Many right handed tools can be made more serviceable by modifying them. A broad axe is a case in point. Take the head off, flip it over and rehang the handle and you then have a left-handed model.

Back