• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Anyone been to Bog River Flow this season?

Reaction score
I've been reading what I could find on this lately, but trying to get a better idea. I understand it's now a 2.5 mile carry or wheel to access for the year. Wondering if parking is an issue, or anything other FYI's to be aware of. Thinking if had head out after the holiday Monday, there should be some sites open.
Little Tupper, Lake Lila, Middle Saranac (currently closed to motorcraft, and the locks are closed), are nice options to have close by.

Last edited:
I was there in June to check out the situation. The lower dam is closed, so you have to take the 2+ mile carry on the road to the upper dam and launch. It's a road, so it's wheelable. There is some parking right there at the gate, but if that is full, you'd drop you gear at the gate, drive to one of the other parking areas and then walk back to do the carry. After the carry, everything from the upper dam to Low's is the same. I'm still planning to do my annual trip there in November. It will just won't be as simple as years past.

This is shaping up to be my first year in more than 30 years to miss my annual trip into Lows. Most of the time (but not always) it was via the Sabattis BSA camp where we launched our trek leader guide training program, so it was easy access with a legal drive in, thus most times missing the lower dam experience. Although I did make it through the shallow muck during a separate private solo trip a few years ago when they severely lowered the water level to do maintenance on the lower dam.There is just too much else going on this season to break away.

Last edited:
Thank you folks, I appreciate the feedback.This'll be my first trip there, though I've been thru that area several times. Used to paddle around the Saranac Lakes, St. Regis area, and points east of there though.

Back