• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Any one coming to Florida winter/spring 2016?

Reaction score
Would love to get together with some of you and put faces to the personality's that I love hearing from. Drooling over your canoes would be great too. Do not get to see too many around this area. Paddling paradise and all I see are double blades.

Any way it has been a warm winter and water is HIGH for it being the winter dry season all over central Florida. This means you can get into places that you might have missed before. Not faster water in most cases. Gators seem to be getting to used to humans were we go in large numbers so be careful when out of the canoe. Warmer weather also means the manatee will not be crowding into the springs until we have a cold snap. Looking forward to an early spring this year. Right now about half the trees have leaves.

Come on down the water is fine.

I am down in Ocala National Forest alot. Let me know next time you are coming here and we will paddle Juniper Springs or Silver River.

We'll be in Apalachicola for several days and then in the Everglades 10 before hitting Fisheating Creek and back to Cedar Key for five days. Look for a white sea canoe and a white solo.

I am in Florida and don’t know where to go. I am staying in Indian Rock Beach. Last year I did a 2 day one night trip down the Peace River. It was OK by lots of people. Looking for multi day trips within 3-4 hour drive of here. I did not bring a canoe because I do not have any place to store it but might be able to work something out for next year.

Multi day trips abound near you. A fav is Rock Springs Run and the Wekiva River. 2 days 1 night. Big Bend Saltwater trail 110 miles but they discourage solo paddlers . ( prohibit them) I have no idea how they enforce that.

The Withlacoochee is about an hour from you.. 100 miles or more of paddling and camping.

Try the website Florida Paddling Trails.

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt/guide/paddle.htm

Ocklawaha and Ocholocknee are within three hours too and offer multiday trips.

Johnny Molloy has an excellent paddling guide to Florida.

There are a lot of overnight trips in the Apalachicola area.

http://myfwc.com/viewing/recreation/wmas/lead/apalachicola-river/things-to-do/paddling/

I have read that Florida has more miles of paddling trails then Minnesota

I did not even include the 700miles of Everglades paddling.. Most of it is unpublished and off the Wilderness Waterway.

Back