• Happy May Ray Day! 🌞😎🌻🩳🇩

Another Super video !!! Heart Warming !

Really a touching story. The stories I have told and experiences I have shared with my own kids now seem both inadequate but also so much more valuable.

Great film. So much more than stunning scenery and awe inspiring achievement (that too is wonderful stuff!) , but a study of how we want to fit in this natural world, particularly as we and our loved ones age. I've faced many of the same questions addressed in the film, from those two perspectives of "young" and "old". I really like the view of adulthood not being abruptly defined as closed chapters, but instead as an ongoing and growing process - such is life. I too remember seeing my father's aging frailty for the first time, and couldn't believe my very own Superman was somehow becoming less super. I soon accepted that he and my mother would never become less than meaning everything to me, and that their "super powers" was and always would be in our relationship. That's where one's true strength lies.
Anyway, sorry for my blab, and thanks for this Jim.

ps . We're planning a trip to Vancouver Island next summer and hope to dip (Satan) paddles in Clayoquot. We'll see how that goes.

Last edited:
Thanks Jim. Really enjoyed.
In 1974, while they were embarking on their initial adventure, our daughter was two, and both of us were in college and working at the same time. I have more than a few voyages, cut short due to responsibilities, that someday I hope to conclude as well. While not as epic as the Inside Passage, the desire to take them to completion is still present. This video brought that awareness back into focus. For that I thank you Sir.

Thanks Jim that was inspiring. My sons and I are about the same ages as the father and sons, I've made a lot of wilderness memoirs with oldest and just got the younger one out, hope it continues.

Back