• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Android Night Pictures

COW, thanks for pointing out this feature. I didn't even know my Google Pixel 5a has it. It does, called Night Sight.

There always have been ways to finagle low light photos: bigger aperture, lower ISO, longer exposure time, flash, and post-processing lightening being the main ones. Apparently, the new digital night modes take multiple exposures of the same subject and blend them via in-built algorithms. The downside seems to be long exposure time to click off the requisite number of exposures, which leads to potential blur. A tripod is likely to still be helpful for the serious user.

I'll have to experiment with my feature.

I have a Samsung A22 (at least I think that's what it is). This is my first Smartphone and it's definitely smarter than I am. Any help in finding that "Night Sight" feature? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

I have a Samsung A22 (at least I think that's what it is). This is my first Smartphone and it's definitely smarter than I am. Any help in finding that "Night Sight" feature? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper
On my phone, you just turn off the auto flash feature. With no flash, it just automatically knows to use the night photo feature when it is dark.

That's a good shot.

My Google Pixel has two modes. It's pretty impressive with just the flash turned off. There's an additional night mode that's more aggressive. Night mode only works on stills.

Most phones also have aggressive filter that can do a lot of the same brightness adjustment on an existing image.

This is a picture of a moon taken on a early morning paddle, using regular mode with the flash disabled.

Attachments

• IMG_20200704_044504.jpg
    IMG_20200704_044504.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 8
Back