• Happy National No Socks Day! 🧦🚫👣

Alan Gage is now a site Moderator

Glenn MacGrady

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Alan Gage, a long-time member and contributor with broad canoeing experience, has graciously agreed to help out by becoming the site's first-ever moderator. The "Super" in his Super Moderator title is Xenforo lingo for a moderator who can moderate all forums.

While there's not much to actually "moderate" on this very civil forum in terms of trolls or rule violations, Alan will have permission powers to screen registrants, ban spammers, edit/delete posts, move threads, and mainly to assist posters with our various technical features such as posting photos, videos and unfurling URLs . . . at times and days when I'm not around or not paying attention.

Thanks, Alan!

Aww man... Does that mean we'll have less time to mess with the trolls before Glenn (and now Alan) nukes them? Bummer but, I suppose, we'll manage to poke 'em a little before they go.

Welcome Super Alan and good luck with the women. If she's on here, she's likely OK with using a field privy so that's a good start.

I'm also looking forward to using my new status as a "super moderator" to pick up women.
Does this mean you won't be admiring my tramp stamp anymore? I'm sad, but totally understand that some people will be objects of use in the climb to supremacy.

Don't forget, I've already offered to hook you up with a ready made family if you journey north, kids, dogs, cats and a variety of sketchy ex's included.

Awesome ! Now that Alan is the Super, and a fellow Iowan . I'm expecting preferential Treatment ! Ha !
Way to go Alan !

A big THANK YOU to Glenn also ! You have gone above and beyond the call of duty !
Great job !

Jim

Glenn, I'll still think of you as our Supreme Leader. Thanks for all you do and have done. While I'm at it, thanks again Robin for doing your stint to keep us together. Last but not least, thanks Mem for being you, somebody had to do it.

Aww man... Does that mean we'll have less time to mess with the trolls before Glenn (and now Alan) nukes them? Bummer but, I suppose, we'll manage to poke 'em a little before they go.

Welcome Super Alan and good luck with the women. If she's on here, she's likely OK with using a field privy so that's a good start.
How about creating a locked "Quarantine section" to display troll posts. By the time I get here they are usually gone and I feel left out of the conversation. I feel like I've missed some good ones. Dave

@Rippy, Honestly, there haven't been that many, I haven't seen a troll posting in awhile and there's always been a finite window for screwing with them. I enjoy messing with them because I'm kind of a d!ck. Best advice I can give is to log in early. Glenn is a bit of a night owl and I'm one time zone ahead of Alan... sharing that time zone, it will, admittedly, be more challenging for you but the threads disappear as soon as the admin(s) notice so the fun is typically short lived anyway.

IIRC, there has only been one instance where the OP stayed engaged (and that really was fun!).

FWIW, I'm unsure that I would endorse a "quarantine section" as our comments would then be preserved in perpetuity. As it is, you can pretty much say anything that the profanity filters will allow because the whole thread will be nuked when Glenn (and, now, Alan) gets wind of it. (which presents a unique opportunity to be inimical on an otherwise very cordial forum)

For now, the best thing I can suggest is to set an alarm early and check in before Alan wakes up (we'll need a few weeks to figure that out) but, as stated before, I haven't seen a troll post for awhile (so, of course, we're about due lol). Good luck and happy harrying.

How about creating a locked "Quarantine section" to display troll posts.

The quarantine section idea is permanently . . . quarantined.

But all those troll posts were probably only soft deleted by me, meaning they were removed from public view but not the database. Alan now has Super powers to view soft deleted posts. So, if you all just barge into his shop during working hours I'm sure he'll take time off to show them to you.

Glenn is a bit of a night owl

I am? How would you know?

I am? How would you know?
I read and retain information (at least, usually).

I recall post #9 in this thread. Discussing, incidentally, one of the trolls who interacted beyond the 1st post. (I stand by my assertion in post #11... midnight-3am is college-kid, night owl realm) Honestly, I just appreciate all the effort regardless of sleep schedules.

Back