• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Again!

Reaction score
Yes the site was hacked. Last week vBulletin was hacked and somehow I never got their message to reset my passwords so that sneaky little guy with the weird message came in and created some havoc.
Keeping my fingers crossed

Bummer...I tried to visit this morning and saw that trash.
I'll never understand why some punks get a kick out of messing with other people's stuff.
I hope you didn't lose any content or sensitive data.

Does anyone remember the late kayak guy? He had a great site with tons of useful information and beautiful photos, wrecked by some hacker.
Such a waste...

I really don't understand it. It's not like I would ever say "oh lots of adds, let's see what I need" and actually click on anything there. Thanks Robin for making it right again. Just so you know this is one of my favorite forums, and I watch/participate in many.
Jim

Here's what happened. vBulletin was recently hacked and they sent out an alert* to all users of vB, unfortunately I missed the alert sent to this site. Had I seen it I would have alerted my webmaster and he would have installed a patch that would have protected the site.
Now he is checking the site as the malware can be installed into files and activated at a later date.
So that's what happened.

vBulletin News: Security Patch released for vBulletin 5.1.4 - 5.1.9
A security issue has been reported to us. This issue could allow access to run server shell commands as the apache user.
We have released security patches for vBulletin versions 5.1.4 through 5.1.9 to account for this vulnerability. It is recommended that all users update as soon as possible. If you're using a version of vBulletin 5 older than 5.1.4, you should upgrade to the latest version as soon as possible.

Thanks for keeping the site running, Robin. Shame we have to deal with other people's garbage out on the trail and virtual trash like that while online.

Site went down just as I was leaving on a steelhead fishing trip, just got back and the bride could not fathom why I rushed to the computer room as soon as I came home , Thanks Robin for all You do & am wondering ( as I am a newbie ) how We can contribute to the site as now that I found You guys am hooked.

how We can contribute to the site as now that I found You guys am hooked.

I really was trying to hold off on any fund raiser but it seems these little problems add up. Down the road I'll ask for some funds but right now it's all good.
Thanks for asking though.

A big thanks goes out to the folks who took the time to alert me when the site went down and also Thanks for your patience and understanding. We do have a great group of folks here.

Back