• Happy National Bean Counter Day! 🫘🔢🧮

advices for a beginner from Italy

I started building a canoes, because I couldn't find, or afford what I wanted.

You might consider building the canoe you want ?

Jim

Coincidentally enough, this popped up on my Instagram feed this morning…..I don’t believe it is very close to you 🤷‍♂️, but may provide some leads.
Mike

Attachments

• 2085AB87-B061-410C-AC6F-24B03F339077.png
    2085AB87-B061-410C-AC6F-24B03F339077.png
    472.2 KB · Views: 7
Go see these guys:

CSCanoe.com

they are in Italy. They make a great kayak, and I'm sure they could point you in the right direction for a canoe.

Hopefully, you might be able to try different hulls before you buy. I would not dismiss the Esquif prospecteur; it is a quality multi-purpose canoe that will fit your growing family. When people make claims about canoes tracking better than other canoes on flat water, they are often speaking more about paddling skills. All canoes will go straight with proper paddling technique. Some will go faster, but there are always trade-offs.

Edited to say I just looked at the "Canoe Canadesi" selections, they look like low quality poly canoes, similar to brands in Canada that one finds in major department stores.

@gumpus we are trying all possibilities: kneeling and seating both solo or tandem.
As I suspected tandem is quite easy (flat water and no wind condition of course), solo needs lot of work to improve. I found kneelig give a more efficient paddle… but we are only in the beginning.

I know CSCanoe, they are great quality composite builder. Their main buisness is white water competition (k1 or slalom)r, secondary they offers a range of sea kayaks replica of old english design (P&H Baidarka, Valley Nordkapp, Inuk) and others are developed by CSCanoe, sometimes from customer’s draw.
They also resell recreational plastic boat from other manufacturer (Rainbow, EXO). Canadian canoe are from Rainbow and is very similar to once that I’m using.

I found a scool/club called outdoorticinoriver close to me. In Italy there is a grat kayaker comuniti but open canoe is very rare.

Last edited:
Back