• Happy May Ray Day! 🌞😎🌻🩳🇩

Advent calendar for the adult with discerning taste.

Nice. I receive a bottle of Irish in my stocking every year from my own Mrs Claus. Ho ho ho. One year we picked up a big box of liqueur filled chocolates. We forgot to put them out at Christmas. They sat in a hall closet for a few weeks. We wound up using them in a fun game of scrabble with friends. Simple rules. Every time you make a word you eat a chocolate liqueur. Every word spell challenge mean't another chocolate. Pretty soon everyone was challenging spelling. "Are you sure that's how you spell dog?!" It was a big box of chocolates. We wound up playing the best of three games, and as teams. I don't remember who won. For some funny reason, I'm not particularly fond of chocolates now.
I like the looks and size of those bottles. Reminds me of a flight on Air France once. In the economy section we enjoyed a nice meal along with a couple of those cute little bottles of wine. Afterwards the demure hostess offered me a cognac, in a cute little bottle ( way bigger than those chocolates). I said "Bien sure, mais oui. Merci beacoup!" She eventually swung by two more times with the cognac in her coquettish way 'One more cognac monsieur? Zay ar so small, non? But zay ar parfait pour aftair ze dinner!" Oh they were parfait all right. I said "Line 'em up!" When we stepped out of the airport M said "Ahhh, Paris!" I said "Ahhh, Remy Martin!"
In a week's time my best friend will turn 60. Where did the time go? I still remember him from high school. He loves red wine, but instead I'll give him a fine old Scotch for his birthday. Bigger of course than those nice little bottles, and it'll last longer than a bottle of red. We'll be sipping and savouring it next summer sitting around the embers of a backyard bonfire. Parfait.

Last edited:
Back