• Happy National Zipper Day (pat. 1913)! 🤐

Adirondack trip info needed.

Reaction score
My wife and I are planning a 5 day trip in a few weeks for our anniversary. I've been to Bog/Hitchins/Low's twice before, my wife did a 3 day trip with me last spring down Pine Creek Gorge (PA Grand Canyon) but she has never been on a trip in the Adirondacks.
I mentioned doing the Oswegatchie Traverse but got shot down.....We are looking for a leisurely trip with emphasis on camping, fishing, using the canoe for day tripping and short hike if possible.
I was trying to decide between Lake Lila, Bog/Low's, or Little Tupper/Rock Pond. I thought about Cranberry Lake but would prefer a more wilderness feel and there are motor boats allowed. Looking at the map I noticed the southwest finger of Cranberry called Dead Creek Flow. That "looks" like it might be ok. Any ever been there and can tell me what it's like? Also does anyone know if you can park in either of the parking areas by Wanakena and launch a canoe there?

As I previously said I've done a couple trips to Low's before but never fished in the Adirondacks. I fish but do not consider myself a fisherman, my wife loves to fish so any fishing advice would be much appreciated. What fish are common in the lakes or ponds mentioned?

Here is a picture of the Dead Creek Flow and parking areas near Wanakena parking areas. The land right around that inlet looks to be private up to the state ranger school.

34fcf206a0c328e760af291955bfcee0.jpg

Thanks for any help or advice.

I've never been on Cranberry, and I don't fish, so I can't help you there. Little Tupper and Rock Pond is a fantastic area, as is Round Pond which is also connected to Little Tupper Lake. No motorboats allowed, and I hear the fishing is pretty good. It can get a lot of use on the weekends, but the sites are pretty spread out, and it is not tough to get a wilderness feel.

-rs

I have camped on cranberry quite a few years ago now but yes I did park in wanakena and camped on one of the peninsular sites , but I can't remember if it was 32,33 or 34. but they are nice to pick up a breeze keeps it somewhat bug free. caught smallmouths and perch in the flow but have heard brookies may still be in the creek. nice hikes to thr ponds but did not fish there.

Thanks for the info but we decided on Lake Lila.

Any campsite or fishing info for Lila would be appreciated.

Back