• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

A nice song we can all relate to

Campfire songs. One of my favorite things. My girl Cindy has played lots of concerts around campfires in the back yard at big parties. We have a long oral tradition here in Nevada which includes cowboy poetry. Some of my friends are professional performers. We have had great times telling stories, poems and music around campfires. The well known western performer Mike Beck has done two concerts at my house in the backyard.

Thanks Robin. That song reminds me of the "talking" ballads style of the 60's folk crowd like Tom Paxton, Jerry Jeff Walker, and Jaime Brockett (Legend of the USS Titanic).

Don’t remember Hippie beer, do remember Hippie Chicks though. Married a Back to the Land “Earth Muffin” in the late seventies”.

I remember the many camp songs we sang at campfires at scout camp which I started attending in 1960. I was last at scout camp in the summer of 1970. We had 4-5 senior staff all over the age of 21. After the closing campfire on the last night before the campers departed the next morning, we would go to local bar on Friday night which is fish fry night in Wisconsin. The farmers and their wives enjoyed our renditions of bawdy classics such as “Barnacle Bill the Sailor” and “Charlotte the Harlot” among others which I no longer recall. They rewarded us with pitches of beer and a good time was had by all.

Back