• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

800th member today

Reaction score
Just noticed that when I entered Doug as a new Registered member. Slow and steady growth is a good thing. Lots of members never even log in again, but 154 active out of 800 looks good when the folks at vBulletin look for new inductees to the "Administrator Hall of Fame" over there in India.

Didn't we just pass 500 members 4 or 5 months ago?

You must be busy asking qualifying questions.

Just do a lot of what they call lurking my self. Learn a lot here. So thank you Robin and all who post.

I second that. Almost every time I visit I see something I want to try, a bannock recipe, thwart grooming with a popsicle stick as a spacer, nlyon webbing for tie downs sans d-ring, etc. and that's just the past week. There's a lot of experience here, and I really appreciate people taking the time to write about what they know.

There's a lot of experience here, and I really appreciate people taking the time to write about what they know.

I agree. Thanks to those who share their knowledge and experiences, and the humor thrown in there for good measure. Really makes the site interesting and fresh.

Robin, I don't chime in a lot, but this forum is the first thing I visit each morning! Thanks to everyone that gives so freely!

I could probably add them up, but I'm the type who gets distracted half way through and has to start over again.

I bet it is 3-400 with one or zero posts or has never logged in after joining.

I have 15 folks now who never even answered my vetting questions I sent them after registering. Some folks might use a new email address just for this site and never check back for emails so they never answer my emailed questions. Maybe they get offended by the questions. I think it's been about 50 since I started asking those 3 questions. Just my idea.

I had a webmaster who convinced me that members who didn't post for 2 years should be deleted for security reasons. I did that for a short time but felt it was wrong and not necessary. I think a lot of people join to show support but don't really care to join in the conversation which is fine by me.

I even got a donation from a person who never joined, but just likes the website. That was nice.

Back