• Happy International Museum Day!🏛️ 🖼️🏺

18' 6" E M White wood canvas canoe SOLD

Reaction score
Just restored with new canvas, new inwales/gunnels, Epifanes varnish and dark green Epifanes paint. New seats with hand cane to be installed this week, 1947 canoe, $2450, one of the fastest wood canvas canoes from back in the day.

00F0F_kmNb77IXm4R_600x450.jpg

00q0q_eNgE2Sq9fgN_600x450.jpg

01616_l5Ozs76N143_600x450.jpg

00M0M_8gwtab2N5h_600x450.jpg

00b0b_lmgzkFnlrW6_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
I have always wanted one, and have missed a few out West that get bought up quickly. That is a very fair price of a White in good shape. I like the half ribs and the gorgeous paint scheme. You managed to retain a lot of the patina and highlight it with the thwarts and gunwales. Maybe if I lived closer.

That boat is better looking than a new one in my opinion. Nice job.

Last edited:
Yes, it's still available. It is actually owned and was restored by my friend Bob under the supervision of Schuyler Thomson. Bob also lives here in northwest Connecticut. I posted it for him. We where working on another canoe this morning and he said he's going to try and take better pictures of the canoe, heavy rain today though, maybe tomorrow.
Would you like his phone # ?

I've often thought about building the guide canoe in cedar strip. Might be getting a bit of an idea for next year now.

Thats a good price.. EM Whites in other parts of the continent command far higher prices. She is a beauty..

You know, Robin has that 20 foot Old Town he is trying to get rid of. That would be right up your alley too.

lol, I'm at the other end of the world(Yukon) I doubt it would even be possible to get it her for less than the price of the boat it self. And I think I know what I want and from where/whom!!

Back