• Happy Star Wars Day! 🌇🚶🏼‍,👑👊🏼🔙

16' Thompson Brothers wood canvas canoe

Reaction score
1940's Thompson Brothers 16', new canvas filler and Interlux Sea Green paint, fresh Interlux varnished interior 1/2 ribs with the unique Thompson Bros stringer option covering 1/2 rib ends. Original wood seats.

$1800 BO

...and I learned how NOT to waterski behind a nondescript speedboat, thoroughly modern and fast enough to make the water feel like concrete when/if you fell. I'd learned behind a much friendlier slower old cedar outboard. I could've outrun it it was so gentle and slow. That speedboat on the other hand...I got up okay, faintly heard my brother yell "Drop the ski!!!" to go slalom, I yelled "No F'n way!! Slow down first!" I waved to try to signal for them to slow, but they sped up instead. They told me afterwards it was a completely innocent mistake. "We thought you were having a blast?!" A blast just about described it. I hit a wake and went airborne. All I remember is holding on tight. I did a complete forward flip, and landed on my skis again. They thought I was showing off. It was then I dropped the line and gave up. To this day my brother thinks it was awesome. That was the last time I waterskied. Weird thing is, I no longer like fast boats at all anymore. I find them unsettling. Slow is just fine by me.

Back