• Happy National Limerick Day! 🅰️🅰️🅱️🅱️🅰️

Knife build / canoetripping.net fund raiser thread.

And there I was thinking the knife name would be the hardest decision to make.
As much as I love the burl maple, I think B with brass would be a classic look with the blade named Fred.
So I vote for B with brass.

Brad I got thinking that if we chose the wood, "nameless" might take on character and be easier to name. Thanks for all your input Brad. Keep it coming people.

A.

The swirls and flames in that maple grain pattern would look great with brass

"B" and Brass.... I like brass, t age nicely!!
What type of steel will you use?

A is too Hipster, shades of Lumbersexualism. B is kinda naughty, but C is where it's at. That's a mystery wrapped up in an enigma. Normally when a man shows me his wood, I'm out the door, but in this case, I'm kinda interested. I'll go for C, since no-one else has yet, it's the Toronto Maple Leafs of wood!

A is too Hipster, shades of Lumbersexualism. B is kinda naughty, but C is where it's at. That's a mystery wrapped up in an enigma. Normally when a man shows me his wood, I'm out the door, but in this case, I'm kinda interested. I'll go for C, since no-one else has yet, it's the Toronto Maple Leafs of wood!

Wow, you got all that from my picture. I guess I'm going to have to go back and study it some more. I feel I my have missed a few things.

I think it is a good steel, I like O1 to, But I don't really like ATS 34 if that still exist, it is a good steel but not user friendly. anyway, I'm sure it will be a good knife, even if the shape is not my style, great of you to make that up for a great cause!!
Cheers
David

I like A. Second choice would be B with the nickel/silver bolster. Satin finish on the blade please.

Names

Northwoods Special

CT Forest Knife

That'll Need Stitches

Hey Rippy; I've got another option if you want it, Out in my shop there's a piece of clear purpleheart about 1 1/2" square, I'll kindly donate a foot or so if you're interested. Rock hard and nice straight grain.

Hey Rippy; I've got another option if you want it, Out in my shop there's a piece of clear purpleheart about 1 1/2" square, I'll kindly donate a foot or so if you're interested. Rock hard and nice straight grain.

Griz that's a great offer but I've been watching the voting trend and visualizing the finished product. In my mind it feels like the train has already left the station. I'm funny like that. Thanks for the offer. Dave

I like that you are including members in the decision process---really adds to the uniqueness. I vote for A on the handle, but any choices will not diminish eagerness to support the project.

No problem; I can still send it, if you want to do another next year

If this all works out for Robin the way I think it will, it may become a annual thing if Robin OK's it. He really doesn't like to ask the group for operating money till the kitty is real low.

If this all works out for Robin the way I think it will, it may become a annual thing if Robin OK's it. He really doesn't like to ask the group for operating money till the kitty is real low.

Considering there are a number of people with differing skills, we could possibly have others offer up fund raising items in the future as an option.

Back