• Happy National Limerick Day! 🅰️🅰️🅱️🅱️🅰️

Knife build / canoetripping.net fund raiser thread.

Since the knife is made in the USA, there is no duty to pay for. only GST but not even since it is a gift. If you have stuff coming from the US, make sure they ship USPS and not UPS, cause UPS will have all kind of fees added on top of the GST, and that can adds up quick! But no Duty on anything made in the USA.

Checked the tracking this morning, this is what I found.....

The commentary on the bottom of the pic says the map might be slightly off. Sure hope that's right, cause right now it's showing the Ripster in the middle of Saskatchewan!

Ya, I kinda wondered about that myself. I'm just glad it made it back out of Chi town with out finding a new owner in the process.

I would have thought you'd have received the Hipster by now... cannot re-find the thread where Robin said it would be 10 days...

To elaborate, the customs sticker on the package describes the contents for all to see. "hunting knife", Anyone along the way need a new hunting knife? Made me nervous to disclose the contents of the package. For some reason I didn't get nervous about the Spam.

Just checked the Canadian tracking, it was actually in Toronto on the 4th. Should be here by end of next week. The Hipster's whereabouts are known, just being kept secret for a bit.

Just checked the Canadian tracking, it was actually in Toronto on the 4th. Should be here by end of next week. The Hipster's whereabouts are known, just being kept secret for a bit.

Hmm, I wonder if the Hipster arrived in G'Town and then got sent elsewhere...

Checked the tracking this morning, this is what I found.....

The commentary on the bottom of the pic says the map might be slightly off. Sure hope that's right, cause right now it's showing the Ripster in the middle of Saskatchewan!

It's not looking better just now. Tracking is all messed up, I hope.

Great !

I was worried after all this fun, it was going to wind up in the wrong hands !
Boy the postal service is really putting miles on the Ripster.

Jim

Well, great news! The Ripster arrived today! I don't to have time to take any pics or video until the weekend, but let me say, it feels great in the hand, and looks luscious! Thanks again to Rippy and Robin for this great contest! Oh yes, and the Plaid Prancer arrived last week, I'll unveil them together.

Good enough, I was starting to worry and second guess myself. Like maybe I should have sent the Long Bottom Leaf through customs in a separate package or something.

Good news!! Looking forward to the unveiling! But. Um. You're not planning anything extraordinary or exotic are you?
Are we gonna feel the need to send crisp five dollar bills to tuck in your plaid thong thing? Cause I'm broke till payday.

Okay, got paid today just in time for Family Day long weekend (it's a midwinter Ontario statutory holiday). That means 3 things :
M just rolled in with grocery bags full of food lov'n...
I just rolled in with growlers full of stout lov'n...
and I've got a crisp $5 Wilfred Laurier to spare.
So when are we gonna see that eye dazzling knife prize??!!

Soon, I hope, February and March have been busy busy busy, was going to plan something tonight, but am now cooking for a dozen people. maybe tomorrow night I'll be able to put something together.

Relaxez mon chum. Pas de probleme. BTW I like your new Spam memequay image thing. THAT would be nice sliced on toast in the morning!

You know Mem, since you won this year, you are not eligible to win the Rippy knife raffle for the next 5 years. You can still support the site though.

Funny thing is, Christy had 9 entries in this years raffle and was going to send the knife to you anyway.

Back