• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

WTB: Looking to purchase a Bell Merlin II or Bell Yellowstone. If there is one looking for a new owner, please contact me. Thanks so much!

Reaction score
WTB: I'm searching for a Bell Merlin II or Bell Yellowstone to purchase. Prefer the Kevlight or Blackgold layup. If there is one looking for a new owner, please contact me. Thanks so much!

WTB: I'm searching for a Bell Merlin II or Bell Yellowstone to purchase. Prefer the Kevlight or Blackgold layup. If there is one looking for a new owner, please contact me. Thanks so much!
Bell Yellowstone is rare in composite layup. It is more widely available in Royalex. It is slightly different from its papa boat the Bell Wildfire which was only built in composite. The Wildfire has symmetrical rocker 2.5 inches bow and stern. The YS has 1.5 in the stern.

Yes, they are rare... but, I've seen a few. I have a Bell Wildfire in the Kevlar Deluxe, which was when Bell placed a layer of glass in the bottom along with the Kevlar, which unfortunately added to the weight. It's a stunning boat in the Blueberry color with wood trim.... hate taking it out for fear of giving it a blemmish.

Yellowcanoe....I have a Wildfire in Royalex with Cherry inwales, ash outwales...It's red and a really nice looking canoe It's a 2003...DY autographed it

Yellowcanoe....I have a Wildfire in Royalex with Cherry inwales, ash outwales...It's red and a really nice looking canoe It's a 2003...DY autographed it
Its not a WildFIre. Bell had to make a new mold for Royalex. DY did some tweaks especially changing the shape of the stern to make it more accommodating for beginning paddlers. There must have been a lot of WildFire labels as the early YS were branded as WF. Took till 2005 or 6 for the label change.

Yes, they are rare... but, I've seen a few. I have a Bell Wildfire in the Kevlar Deluxe, which was when Bell placed a layer of glass in the bottom along with the Kevlar, which unfortunately added to the weight. It's a stunning boat in the Blueberry color with wood trim.... hate taking it out for fear of giving it a blemmish.
please do use it. Blemishes are fixable. I had a FlashFIre in that color and it went to Turtle and he named it Periwinkle.

I’ve found that particular blue color to show very few blemishes when it is on the water. Might be somewhat an illusion. the color is overhwhelming in its beauty.

Neither are mine and both are far from you, but in the twin cities there is an almond gel Merlin II with wood that appears to be BG on Facebook, And a black colored (clear gel? No gel?) Yellowstone solo with alu rails on Craigslist.

I’ve found that particular blue color to show very few blemishes when it is on the water. Might be somewhat an illusion. the color is overhwhelming in its beauty.

Neither are mine and both are far from you, but in the twin cities there is an almond gel Merlin II with wood that appears to be BG on Facebook, And a black colored (clear gel? No gel?) Yellowstone solo with alu rails on Craigslist.
I saw the Yellowstone on CL, but hadn't seen the Merlin II until just a few moments ago. I've traveled 10 hours for a canoe, but this is 16 hours. Good thing I like roadtrips, huh? Thank you for the info.

Do you know if there is a transport company that specializes in canoes or boats in MN? Thanks! I had checked with one in NY and it was close to $700 to have a canoe brought to NY from MN.

Old post I know, but I was just reading up and ran across this. Do you have a photo? This sounds like a stunningly beautiful boat!

Back