• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

Wisconsin Canoe Symposium?

Reaction score
The threads about the Adirondack, Florida, and Midwest Canoe Symposiums (Symposia?) make me want to attend one. However, New York is a long way from Kansas, and the Florida and Ohio events take place during the school year.

There was a hint that the Wisconsin CS might happen last May, but I haven't anything about whether it actually took place. Wisconsin is manageably close, and was scheduled for the weekend after school was out.

Does anyone here know anything about future plans for this event?

Pete

There was one a couple of years ago. The volunteer organizers are trying to find a suitable venue for 2015. Lets hope they can! Venues need a good learning pond, food prep facilities, food service, meeting room for socializing and the option of camping or hard wall accommodations. Camps may meet the need but its surprisingly hard to find one that fits all criteria. I can put you in touch with the organizers if you have any ideas!

I don't have any good ideas, but I will keep googling this topic to see if anything happens for next year.

Pete

Back