• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

Wind/Peel Rivers - Yukon

God for you that you had good service with Black sheep.... Unfortunately its si not always the case. But Martin is a good guy!! There was a lot of horror story, like boat melted on the plane exhaust, canoes folding in half wile in flight! Clients being blamed for picking a bad landing spot... etc etc etc...

Well, they are the only game in town. We had great service. I would use them again in a heart beat. You hear of such things about all the flight services around the north. I've heard a lot worse than that!

Well, they are the only game in town. We had great service. I would use them again in a heart beat. You hear of such things about all the flight services around the north. I've heard a lot worse than that!

I know it's crazy!! Monopoly at is best!! How was Up North service?

They were good. Not cheap. But reliable. Its hard when you are coming into a strange town from so far away. Now that I have made some friends in Whitehorse I expect I could shave a few bucks off the total cost of the trip. But the big cost is the float plane and I don't know that will change. The drive from Whitehorse to Mayo and back could probably be done a bit cheaper and maybe the canoe rental.

nothing is cheap up here when it comes to tourism!! KP would have been similar I'm sure! You establish a relationship with a company and you may get a better deal the second third time around!!

Anyway, next time you plan a trip up north, get in touch with me... I might be able to set you up with other people for lower cost!

People have a right to earn a decent living. Its all about supply and demand. Just like everywhere else. If you hire a friend to drive you to and from Mayo and he get hurt or sick - what the heck do you do then? Part of the price you pay at KP or Up Yours is for peace of mind.

You are totally right, but there is an other player in the game that is smaller, but a great guy to deal with, has full outfitted canoes for ww trips, drysuits etc etc. I worked for him as an instructor for 8 years or so!

http://yukancanoe.com his website is not updated over the winter, but you still have the contact info etc.

Back