• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

White Rose Canoe, Newbury MA

Reaction score
An outgrowth of Newbury Kayak and Canoe, this shop is devoted ENTIRELY to the canoe. Keith Attenborough has done a stellar job! He was a regular poster on paddling.com and is a dedicated supporter of Maine Canoe Symposium. In this era of big box stores let's celebrate and help it grow. Its not far from the junction of 95 and 495 by the NH border

The main website
Here is the FB link

Made a visit. I don't think I have ever seen so many canoes under one roof and next to the water for demo. Nova Craft, Wenonah, Merrimack, some pre owned wooden boats A Mad River or two. Esquif is coming too.

Nice canoe shop, he has a 16' Prospector in there. Needs canvas and paint but wood is excellent. In the middle ofthe picture.

I think the original title to this thread needs to be edited.

01C8EA3A-647C-4C2B-80A9-7F2871996156_1_105_c.jpeg

I've edited the title to correct the company name. Looks like a great shop for canoes.

The top one is a 1917 Robertson.. Robin and Glenn what did I do wrong with the title? Just curious. I thought I picked up Hannaford mayo and when I got home it was Cains.. I hate old age.

YC, you titled the thread Wild Rose instead of White Rose. I believe the owner has registered here as a member. It's good to have a Nova Craft dealer in the northeast USA.

@Glenn MacGrady : Thanks for getting the shop name corrected. And in the interest of full disclosure, I'm not the owner, I'm "The Staff". Michael Duffield is the owner - great guy to work for.

Thanks YC and Robin for the comments - we're excited with our new direction and looking forward to supporting existing paddlers and engaging with folks who are just getting started (had a nice family - parents, a nine year old and a four year old in the shop last week - just getting started - we hope to see a lot of folks like that).

And thanks to all for the warm welcome.

I purchased a restored 1966 Chestnut Prospector for White Rose. We went out back to their warehouse to load it. If you think are are a lot of canoes in the retail space, well there are at leas twice as many out back. Awesome people and awesome inventory.

Back