• Happy Scream Day! 😱

What is in your solo kitchen kit?

The fly ( or stinging bug in the ointment) is Fed Ex/UPS that charges horrific brokerage fees. Pick a retailer in the US like LLBean that ships USPS/Canada Post. I think Campmor does the same.. brokerage fees are ridiculous.

Yep the last I got something from MEC ( cause I needed it before a trip to Canada) the shipping was $19 but they too used the postal service.
Usually as in this year I romp around in Canada reveling in outdoor stores, multiplying by .75 and trying to remember there WILL be an HST. I found a good one in Sudbury.

I do like my Purcell Trench grill for open fire use. Pricey, but so well made and designed. The last camp grill you’ll ever buy.

http://www.purcelltrench.com/

Thought I would throw this out there.......I talked to Mr. Tryson at Purcell Trench, this morning. His website has evidently been down about 5 weeks now as he sorted through some issues and rumor was that he was out of business. This is not the case and the above link still works. He said he should have everything back u and running as of yesterday. I ordered a grill while I was on the phone too... :)

Last edited:
Thought I would throw this out there.......I talked to Mr. Purcell this morning. His website has evidently been down about 5 weeks now as he sorted through some issues and rumor was that he was out of business. This is not the case and the above link still works. He said he should have everything back u and running as of yesterday. I ordered a grill while I was on the phone too... :)

I had not heard that rumor and am glad it is untrue. Those are seriously well designed and constructed grills, and I expect you will be delighted with it. The company link is still not working for me, but this retailer link is:

https://www.canadianoutdoorequipment.com/purcell-trench.html

Which model did you choose?

(BTW, Mr. Don Tryson. Purcell Trench comes from a geologic feature in Idaho)

http://www.naturallynorthidaho.com/2012/12/mountains-moved-to-form-purcell-trench.htm

Ahh ok.....he must have thought it weird me addressing him as Mr. Purcell....doh.

I chose the voyager grill. I was able to find him by clicking on the link earlier in this thread.

I have a Traveler that I really like. I haven't used it a lot as most sites have a grill of some sort.

I have a Traveler that I really like. I haven't used it a lot as most sites have a grill of some sort.

I watched several video reviews and figured I would try the bigger voyager first since there will be two of us on the trip to WCPP. I was not sure if the traveler would hold two pots if needed? I may end up with the traveler as well if the voyager is too much for solo trips.

No Title

today I am pondering a small lightweight stove that will fit in my GSI minimalist cup. The cup with lid, spork, potholder, and foam sleeve weighs in at a whopping 6 ounces. I can fit the smallest butane can in the bottom along with a very small stove. I am going to reduce my carried stove weight by 18 ounces.....

This Coleman stuff is headed to eBay. I am trying to lighten the load for WCPP this summer.

Attachments

• photo5902.JPG
    photo5902.JPG
    410.5 KB · Views: 0
My solo kit here....except I got rid of the spork and replced with a long handled spoon. Sometimes I bring a 12 cm IMUSA pot as well.

Last edited:
Back