• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

What do you hate most about winter?

There is some hope... Spring is coming!

All Metric, sorry folks.

Today, 8 March:
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this morning. Wind becoming south 20 km/h gusting to 40 near noon. High minus 7. UV index 3 or moderate.

Tonight, 8 March
Partly cloudy. Wind south 20 km/h gusting to 40. Temperature rising to minus 2 by morning.

Sunday, 9 March
Cloudy. Clearing early in the evening. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light near noon. High plus 2.

Monday, 10 March
A mix of sun and cloud. Low minus 2. High plus 3.

Tuesday, 11 March
Sunny. Low minus 10. High minus 4.

Wednesday, 12 March
Sunny. Low minus 8. High plus 1.

Thursday, 13 March
Sunny. Low minus 3. High plus 5.

Friday, 14 March
Sunny. Low minus 3. High zero.

It was minus 7 here yesterday, people's dogs ran away, teenagers were walking around in t-shirts, and I broke a sweat hauling wood in for the stove. My snowblower started acting up cause it was just too dang warm!

Shoveling snow always sucks but I rarely do that.

I love the change in the seasons. Really don't mind winter as long as I have day and night on a regular basis. Wouldn't like to live with the endless nights or days.

A good winter makes you appreciate the spring that much more. :)

Gordie, I love your avatar. That's one of the coolest new emblems in hockey. My brother-in-law is retired from the military, but back when he was still serving, he gave me a full sized roundel decal. I hope there wasn't a CF-18 missing an insignia! Anyway, I put it on our big plastic car topper. I loved it.
The sidewalk here has grown puddles, and is fast becoming a canal. The air smells fresher, and doesn't sting anymore, and frost the nostrils. The signs of spring look promising, but I've been fooled before. The snow tires are staying on awhile longer.

Gordie, I love your avatar. That's one of the coolest new emblems in hockey. My brother-in-law is retired from the military, but back when he was still serving, he gave me a full sized roundel decal. I hope there wasn't a CF-18 missing an insignia! Anyway, I put it on our big plastic car topper. I loved it.
The sidewalk here has grown puddles, and is fast becoming a canal. The air smells fresher, and doesn't sting anymore, and frost the nostrils. The signs of spring look promising, but I've been fooled before. The snow tires are staying on awhile longer.

I grew up on military bases, so the insignia has a double meaning for me. I am heading to Trenton in May. Looking forward to it. Grew up there.

My wife also grew up in PMQ's. We saw many great air shows at CFB Trenton. Have a good trip in May.

LAST weekend of Winter, well, official winter anyway. Had a local fellow come in and spend about 4 hours bobcat'ing out the extra snow and shovelled the front roof off last weekend, still working on the ice dams.

I'm tired of the cold and looking forward to milder weather.

It was 0 (F) this morning, going up near 50 tomorrow. Dogs are confused, one day they can walk on top of the snow, next day they sink to their chests.

I wonder how the deer made out this winter, coyotes running on the surface while deer sink in.

Not to be bragging but here in the Mts of NC it is around 55. Love it. already been out on the lake for a few laps in the canoe.
The nights or still getting down into the 30s.

I've been out and in. It's hard to post from a phone and loading pix is a pain
.details later. I paddled over a manatee and it took exception. Came up hard under the boat and as it was about boat length I lost. The water us fine

I don't know how it happened, but I lost a day somewhere this week. I stayed up late last night to watch a hockey game (We won! Yeah! Starting to plan the parade.). When I got home from work, my wife tells me it's Friday. Friday? Where'd Wednesday go? I wonder if we put the clocks too far forward? Oh well.
The temps here are above freezing, and it actually smells like s...., even if it doesn't look it yet. Yet. On my way home from work yesterday (whatever that day was, Tuesday, Thursday?) and a coyote (or coy-dog) ran along beside me in the field. It looked very healthy and happy. I felt like rolling down the windows and yapping a happy tune. I pulled over to take a picture as it veered off across the snow, and remembered I'd forgotten my camera...again. If I don't get a snapshot of all this wintry stuff, I may forget how wonderful it looked during the dog days of summer. Maybe I should pack a few snowballs and stash them in the freezer for a surprise snowball fight in July!? Ya think?

ps I thought it'd been established that manatees were amorous and not angry. Just what are you doing to those lovesick creatures down there?

I'm starting to like winter again, temperatures are actually tolerable, lots of snow. Spent last night in the bush with my buddy and his snow trekker tent…it was awesome. Burned the stove all night, slept mostly out of the sleeping bag.

I can tell Brad is a Leaf fan. As one Leaf fan to another, don't get too excited.

memaquay, I thought those were the biggest snowshoes ever, until I realized they were in the foreground. How come you didn't bring any beer on the trip?

I can tell Red has excellent taste in sports teams. Don't worry about excessive excitement problems. I'm already prepared for the parade, party, and sad drunk carrying on. But I won't get too carried away with it. There's always next year- sigh.
Nice tent Mem. That really does look like fun.

Red Langford said: How come you didn't bring any beer on the trip?

Beauty aye, I noticed that too...

Nice tent, big but looks light weight. Are there more pictures posted elsewhere?

Bud light is good because it tastes like water, but doesn't freeze quite as quickly as water. Tent is a snow trekker exp, 10 by 13. With the poles I think it weighs a little more than 20 pounds. Goes up in about 15 minutes, solid as a rock. Saving up for my own. My wife and here sister snowshoed out to visit us that night, as we were quite close to town, then snowshoed back in the dark. My wife loved the tent, primarily because it was so hot in there, so I think I'll probably be getting one soon!

and yet another snowstorm blowing through and it is headed for NW Ontario after it leaves here...

C'mon Spring!

I would like to thank you for all that snow you are sending this way. Good news is that as that storm blows from west to east we will follow it all the way to North Bay. My son is curling in the OFSAA (high school) championships this week. Wish us luck.

And I should add, it was -32 this morning on my way to work. It's the 16th of March!!

Back