• Happy Willie Mays' Circus Catch of Vic Wertz (1954)! ⚾

wenonah andironrack supertuff what is it?

Joined
Aug 9, 2025
Messages
244
Reaction score
830
At the wenonah site
I stumbled on this:
But any info on the new supsertuff seems to be in the mist.
anyone any idea?
 
I bet my Tuf-Weave Adirondack from around 1991 weighs close to 59 pounds. I bought it used 6 years ago, so I can't speak to most of its life. But it's a really nice paddling tandem canoe for my wife and I, and sometimes our large dog comes along. It's still in great shape structurally. There are some gelcoat scratches and gelcoat spider cracks, but that gelcoat is still doing its job after 35 years. $2k seems pretty good for a new composite layup. Day trips and non-long-portage trips, lakes and rivers and creeks that aren't too technical (depending upon paddler skill level), and you'll have a really well-mannered nice paddling canoe. It's a cruising canoe much more than a whitewater design, but there are lots of runs out there with a couple of boney sections where a cruising canoe is a practical tool for the job, and this probably has the right durability for that type of thing.


Adirondack.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom