• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Well, Darnnit.

Reaction score
Somehow my Bobs Special (ordered in September) didn't get in the production schedule. I'm now looking for another canoe for solo use with my pooch. I found a Northwind Solo that seems to fit the bill capacity wise. If I act fast, I can have built in IXP and the seat moved back a tad since it's not yet in production. Anyone paddled the NW Solo? I'm wondering if the rear cargo area is roomy enough to move the seat back and still fit two canoe packs.

Northwind Solo much narrower than a Bobs Special. Never seen one, but here are five videos, one including a dog.

Update: I purchased a Nova Craft Prospector 15 that was already on order, changing the layup to Blue Steel. Should work better on the streams around here as well as tripping with the big dog. Delivery due end of May.

I’m not familiar with the Bob’s Special, but I routinely switch between a Bell Northstar and W/C 16’ prospector for all my trips with a Chessie. Both are great at handling our combined tripping weight. Prospector is slow and Northstar is light and fast. Just depends on my mood heading into a trip, I don’t favor either.

Congrats. Look forward to hearing how you like it and how that layup performs.

Cheers,
Barry

Update: I purchased a Nova Craft Prospector 15 that was already on order, changing the layup to Blue Steel. Should work better on the streams around here as well as tripping with the big dog. Delivery due end of May.

I'd love to see an update on the Nova 15 once you paddled it for a bit. Specifically how much room their is for you, your pup and gear and maybe another paddler on the rare occasion. I've been eying that same boat in their Tuffstuff, just not sure if I want a 15 or 16ft for the extra room.

Back