• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Weekend morning coffee cruises

G

We've started a weekend tradition - morning coffee paddles. We bring both canoes, grab some friends and paddle out into the lake. It's much more refreshing and beautiful than sitting inside a coffee shop!

Our first attempt, we couldn't convince anyone to join us- their loss :)

I've sat in some some nice cafes, but none with a view so captivating.

That would be so nice. But as soon as I got on the water I'd have to pee.

Oh, on clement mornings in-season I have a first cup, paddle something, a tandem, a solo or an SUP board around Eagle Island then enjoy a second cup with breakfast. Elimination is easy in a canoe. Kneeling, angle the blade downward across the rail, an old Rbt Harrison technique; urine running down the blade. That was compromised when Cliff conceptualized scooping a drink out of the lake, water climbing his paddle blade when under way. Never before did we need to be more able to determine backface and powerface with such positive accuracy; all leading to the development of the bent paddle for health and sanitation reasons! Old-Timey/Canadian paddlers are advised to pain one blade side a distinguishing color. SUP board elimination is even easier due to solid top and sloping sides, but strangely, we retain the bent paddle, perhaps for tradition?

But, we are out of season. The top 24 inches of Lower Saranac being quite hard, so I have both cups, the second with breakfast, then go ski instead. While ski poles are too narrow to direct adequate volume, I do not tote a paddle along as a human element range extender.

Last edited:
Oh, in season I have a first cup, paddle something, a tandem, a solo or an SUP board around Eagle Island then enjoy a second cup with breakfast on terra firma. Elimination is easy in a canoe. Angle the blade downward across the rail, an old Rbt Harrison technique. That was compromised when Cliff came up with scooping a drink out of the lake with his paddle blade. Never before did we need to be able to determine backface and powerface with such positive accuracy; all leading to the development of the bent paddle for health and sanitation reasons! SUP board eliminate even easier due to solid top and sloped sides, but strangely, we retain the bent paddle, perhaps for tradition?

But, we are out of season; the top 24 inches of Lower Saranac being quite hard, so I have both cups, the second with breakfast, then go ski instead. I do not tote a paddle along as a human element range extender.

hahahaha

Oh, in season I have a first cup, paddle something, a tandem, a solo or an SUP board around Eagle Island then enjoy a second cup with breakfast on terra firma. Elimination is easy in a canoe. Angle the blade downward across the rail, an old Rbt Harrison technique. That was compromised when Cliff came up with scooping a drink out of the lake with his paddle blade. Never before did we need to be able to determine backface and powerface with such positive accuracy; all leading to the development of the bent paddle for health and sanitation reasons! SUP board eliminate even easier due to solid top and sloped sides, but strangely, we retain the bent paddle, perhaps for tradition?

But, we are out of season; the top 24 inches of Lower Saranac being quite hard, so I have both cups, the second with breakfast, then go ski instead. I do not tote a paddle along as a human element range extender.

I think I can do without the visual. For now yellow snow will suffice

Back