• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Video of Poling with my new to me MR Explorer

Nice effort . . . with the pole, the camera and the video editing software. You're ahead of me on the last; I haven't figured out how to add captions yet.

You might be able to increase the lighting with the YouTube editing tools.

Good thing you wore that PFD.

Makes me feel like dragging out my ancient Explorer for the first time in 15 years. Maybe try the Shepaug.

Great stuff Robin. I like the windmill poling technique. Looks very efficient in shallow water. I'm tempted to make another pole and this time add those metal tips to each end.

Nice effort . . . with the pole, the camera and the video editing software. You're ahead of me on the last; I haven't figured out how to add captions yet.

You might be able to increase the lighting with the YouTube editing tools.

Good thing you wore that PFD.

Makes me feel like dragging out my ancient Explorer for the first time in 15 years. Maybe try the Shepaug.

Thanks, I'm still learning the Gopro, and I need to check the batteries before headin' out, 3 out of 4 where low from the get go, which limits the final product...

I added those captions when I edited with Movie Maker, I will check out the lighting editor at Youtube, but like your video, it took forever to get this posted and I have to wait for some free time.

Even though the water was shallow, I'm aware of the law here in Connecticut that requires a PFD after October 1st in a canoe.

Looks like you broke "rule" 15 too.. never alone. ;)

You need a helmet if you are going to pole with overhangs! Looks like a very good learners stream!

Oh boy, maybe I better take that video down before the DEEP folks see all my miscues...
nah they will never find you...after all they are busy with beavers..:)

Good lord knows they have had their chances to pursue other CT polers who post pics on pnet!

Yeah, Robin - the helmet. Especially going downstream. Those low limbs have a way of sneaking up on you when you're looking to plant your next snub. :D Besides that - when I'm poling alone, I like to reduce the chance that I might knock myself out with my own pole. Have had a couple good thumps on the brain bucket when freeing a stuck pole. It would be a little inconvenient to be floating face-down on the water unconscious with no one around to help, and those lumps are embarrassing.

Who came up with those silly DEEP rules? I guess, according to them, I am unsafe. I better check to see if my sate is fixin' to write me a ticket....

I probably should wear a helmet, but I doubt I ever will. This is my goal, from the canoe, padddling, poling, campsite, lining upstream and the camera work. One of my favorite canoe videos, Thanks Murat.

http://youtu.be/2pDfWIHYz4Y

As the saying goes, "You're a braver man than I Gunga Din!" Seriously, I've always been interested in trying poling and your little video may be just the kick in the pants I need. Our local rivers have muddy bottoms so I'll need to get something with more surface area so the pole does jam into the mud but it looks like fun. Thanks for sharing!

Until next time...Be well.

snapper

Back