• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Video: Creekside (kind of a cooking demo)

Reaction score
Here's my fall video involving breakfast and canoeing. It's short, and includes canoeing as usual, along with starting a small camp fire, cooking some eggs (over hard; how I like 'em) and cleanup after. A nice wildlife spotting at the end as seen on the video cover. Please enjoy.

Thanks, that was nicely done. I’ll give you an A in all categories, paddling skill, choreography, camp cooking, equipment selection etc.
it was the last thing i watch before retiring this evening and provided a bit of peaceful thought as i drifted off!

My wife was cooking breakfast while I watched this, haha, which added a unique special feature. I agree with Alasgun, well done, videos like this want to make me work on my gear and look forward to spring. Thanks

Nice relaxing morning, I liked seeing the deer and owl. Good to see how other people like their breakfast too.
I would agree with ppine about the hat, I would include one with a big brim. First half of my life I only wore a wool watch cap to keep my ears from freezing in winter. In really cold weather added a parka hood. Never wore a hat in spring summer or fall. I now have made many trips to the Alaska Dermatology Center in Anchorage to have them preform Mohs surgery for the skin cancer that appears on my face, ears and nose from sun damage.
These days I wear a big brimmed western hat with a Montana pinch crown & a braided stampede strap in case of windy conditions.

Thanks Boreal Birch.
I am tired of hearing pieces of my hide go clink in a stainless steel pan.
The last two years are the first ones in my life with no sun burn.
For river trips or on a lake I now bring a buff to cover my face.
Melanoma is no joke.

Mine have all been the Basal cell, which I understand to be the best kind if you are going to have skin cancer.
Could be worse, like some nasty lung cancer from a lifetime working in a stinking factory. Spent my working life outdoors doing work that most people only get to do while on vacation.

@Alasgun Thanks for the high rating.

@Robin You'll have to tell me how this made you ponder your gear situation. That's a surprising effect I couldn't imagine when editing. Thanks!

@Gerald That means it's people like you that I make them for. Thanks for watching!

@ppine I forgot my hat that day. I don't think I've ever done that before. Thanks for the good review!

@Boreal Birch I'm sorry to hear about that and I'll add that caution to my arsenal of growing wisdom. I'm always wearing my hat, and sunblock on my face and arms, often a wild rag on my neck and a shirt and full length pants. Others I've been out with that don't spend much time outside look at me like I'm overdoing it. I had a couple sunburns building barbed wire fences that had me worried for a couple years when I was in my 20s. I started wearing hats after that; full brimmed hats. I have a good selection now. Still looking for the right one.

Thanks for continuing to post your trips on our site, GRS. Your interesting video productions have become very professional.

@Glenn MacGrady You're too kind. Also, this site sends a lot of traffic to my videos, so I'm being a little selfish when stopping by. I really appreciate all the nice comments I get from the people here.

@Robin Likewise. You're wanigan video is always in the back of my mind.

@lowangle al This has to be an example of great minds thinking alike. Thanks for watching!

I've been heading in that direction. I cook my eggs harder than I used to and use one piece of toast for yoke and reserve one for jam. Considering my considerable sweet tooth I think I should complete the transformation.

Back