• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Video and Audio Media That Can Be Embedded in Posts

Glenn MacGrady

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got an error attempting to embed Instagram media. It doesn't bother me, but I thought you'd like to know.

I got an error attempting to embed Instagram media. It doesn't bother me, but I thought you'd like to know.

Thanks. That's why I said "supposed to".

I did some research on the XF support forums, where there have been reports of degraded ability to embed Instagram. This October 2020 article was linked by a member as a possible explanation:

An XF developer said in response: "[The problem] is related to the link posted. Essentially it's not possible for us to include Instagram embed support any longer. 2.2.1 has some changes to handle this a bit more gracefully (and the next release may have further changes) but unfortunately there's not much we can do to support this out of the box."

If you can copy an Instagram link, you may still be able to just paste it into the text box here. That procedure may end up at least with a link to Instagram.

I'd encourage IG and FB members to keep experimenting with IG and FB pictures and videos and report back what works or not. This is a group trip we're on.

(BTW, I just used an "unfurling" link to that article. I'll tell how to use Unfurling URLs in the Features: Help and How-To Running Thread.)

Thanks. That's why I said "supposed to".

I did some research on the XF support forums, where there have been reports of degraded ability to embed Instagram. This October 2020 article was linked by a member as a possible explanation:

An XF developer said in response: "[The problem] is related to the link posted. Essentially it's not possible for us to include Instagram embed support any longer. 2.2.1 has some changes to handle this a bit more gracefully (and the next release may have further changes) but unfortunately there's not much we can do to support this out of the box."

If you can copy an Instagram link, you may still be able to just paste it into the text box here. That procedure may end up at least with a link to Instagram.

I'd encourage IG and FB members to keep experimenting with IG and FB pictures and videos and report back what works or not. This is a group trip we're on.

(BTW, I just used an "unfurling" link to that article. I'll tell how to use Unfurling URLs in the Features: Help and How-To Running Thread.)
Thanks, Glenn! As I said, no big deal on my end, I just thought I'd try it. Cheers!

TESTING:

Back