• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Used/ blems being sold by Redfeather Outdoors on FB

I think Redfeather is owned by ORC, so technically, still owned by ORC.

That appears to be correct.

"Redfeather Outdoors products are manufactured and owned by ORC Industries, a not-for-profit company whose sole organizational mission is to provide job opportunities for people with disabilities. And one of those opportunities is to make the best outdoors products in the world. A minimum of 75% of our workforce is comprised of people who have a physical or mental disability."

^^ All correct above , gentlemen! The new CEO and the new marketing director( also head of canoe program) are avid outdoorsmen and canoeists. They opened the shop back up a year ago and working with two wizards from Composite One spawned the new canoe program. I am their head grunt and the learning curve has been brutal but we are now starting to see the fruits of our labors! We have all the old molds which I am in the process of repairing as needed. The repair aspect is an art in itself!

I will just add before I eat chow and head to work that much of my inspiration comes from those men and women, girls and boys with disabilities who show up for work at ORC and do their job. They have never gotten to enjoy the outdoors the way most of us have been blessed to do. They are the inspiration, for me!

Back