• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Used/ blems being sold by Redfeather Outdoors on FB

Our blems are now being sold through Fbook, Redfeather Outdoors! That is all I can post , for now!
Dudes, I apologize as I got my info screwed up. Boss has blem boats listed on FB marketplace under composite canoes . A couple Magics, Bucktails and a Northwind right now. I will try to get some pics posted here for those of us not on FB.

thanks,

Have a carbon Bucktail left , a carbon Magic , a carbon Rockstar (not shown) The Red Northwind in the last two pics was sold to a local company.

Attachments

• 20230120_115045.jpg
    20230120_115045.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230307_112009.jpg
    20230307_112009.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1006.jpg
    IMG_1006.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0752(1).jpg
    IMG_0752(1).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230203_083148 (2).jpg
    20230203_083148 (2).jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 52
Dudes, I apologize as I got my info screwed up. Boss has blem boats listed on FB marketplace under composite canoes . A couple Magics, Bucktails and a Northwind right now. I will try to get some pics posted here for those of us not on FB.

thanks,
So you're not the Red feather snow shoe guys? :)

I expected canoes, but only found snow shoes.....
Our canoe end of the website is not up yet as we have a few carbon boats to build before we have our initial compliment of A boats for sale. We are only selling the blems now and that is only through FB marketplace .

Just for clarification, these canoes are not associated with Northstar, correct? Magic and Northwoods are public domain hulls and names? Yates designs?

Last edited:
ORC bought bell canoes in 2007 or so? Most of the old bell molds and naming rights etc. Made boats for a few years and stopped. And that parent company also owns the snowshoe company? Interesting business.

Back at boats under a new label? Sounds like you might be new to the team, bringing some needed canoe lamination and construction experience? Cool that there will be some additional options.

Nooooo, not associated with Northstar. And the original designs on many of these are Dave Yost , I believe. ORC bought Bell Canoe way back when and Ted Bell had a five year no compete contract. We are new to the composite industry, basically just the head of the program and myself. We just hired a helper. Our boats are looking really good, compared to where we were a year ago. We are fine tuning some things as we go. As I understand it the place tanked in '08 as did some other businesses in the area, but I do not know the specifics, way above my pay grade, I just build stuff!

Oldnewbie, just to be sure, you are building Bell canoes, using the designs, etc., Ted Bell sold to ORC? If so, will they carry the Bell name?

Kona was on the money , ORC purchased Bell circa '07 or '08 and then it thrived for maybe 5 years as the new bosses opened the bldg up again last year and it had been sitting dormant for 11 years. I am still trying to get rid of the dust!

What I'm detecting is that Redfeather has the original Bell canoe molds as those molds have passed through ORC's ownership. These molds may be in various stages of usability. (Molds deteriorate with age.) Redfeather will be putting their own name on whatever subset of former Bell canoes they choose to make from the former Bell molds.

Meanwhile, Ted Bell has come back into the canoe business, perhaps after the expiration of a non-compete covenant, under the name Northstar Canoes. I'm guessing Ted has "splashed" (plug mold copied) some of the former Bell canoes such as the Magic and Northwind 17, perhaps with some trivial tweaks. Thus we may see some nearly identical hulls being made by Redfeather and Northstar under different or even the same names, such as the Magic and Northwind 17, presuming those model names were never trademarked.

Back