• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

US Military, Sleeping bag vender.

Re: US Military, Sleeping bag vender.

This fall i purchased Wiggy's sleeping booties. I must say that they are everything they claim to be. I have always had ice cold feet when sleeping while camping. I was hunting in Michigan's upper peninsula (tent camping), this past week, (night temps were teens to 30F), I can say I had no trouble sleeping due to cold feet.

On a side note I called Wiggy's before ordering to make sure they had them in stock. The lady on the phone was not the most friendly person. Shipping was free though.

I just found this thread from some time ago. About three years ago I bought my set of Wiggy's sleeping bags. Now I know that the serious campers go with down but I'm such a fumble butt that I don't want to take a chance of looking at my sodden down sleeping bag and wondering how many days it will take to get it dry. I bought the two bag system called "Fortress" (ok, that's a little silly) the idea is you have two bags, one light and one heavier and when it gets really cold you zip the two into one really warm one. Now that I'm high mileage and a little brittle it takes quite a bit to keep me warm all night. No matter what, I sleep warm at night with the Wiggy's system. You knew that there is no free lunch right? Compared with down, the bags are bulky and heavy. There it is; no way to dress it up or to minimise the fact.
If your in the market for a bag I'd read the web site from one end to the other, lot of info there. I couldn't be happier with my bags and if the limitations of bulk and weight are something you can live with I honestly don't think you can do better. One last point: Wiggy makes the claim that you can leave the bags packed up in a compressed state without damage to the bag's loft. I pack and store my bags in a small blue barrel, every time I stuff them in it's a real wrestling match with the outcome by no means certain. The only way I can get the lid on is to hold the bags down in the barrel with two plywood pieces that form a "X" over the top of the bags. This isn't very scientific but over the time I've had the bags it hasn't gotten one bit easier, so I'm guessing the loft remains in fine shape.
Best Wishes, Rob

I would love to see a video of you stuffing the bags into the barrel OM, with sound, about two or three days into a trip.:)
I bet your pooch would even be holding his or her ears...:D

You're right Robin there must be a certain aspect of humor for an observer; but for me those squirmy spring loaded sleeping bags have got to fit in and only when I've got the lid clamped down tight can I draw a breath and consider the comic figure I must present. I do have a plan B if ever the day comes where they whip me. I haven't said anything about it, even to Rose, if word got out they might take courage and redouble their efforts. That would never do.
Rob

I bought a Wiggys bag about a year ago. I wanted something peculiar – a zero degree rectangular bag. I cannot stand sleeping in a zipped up mummy bag, and almost always have them unzipped as a cover.

The Wiggy’s 0 degree rectangle is massive, as expected. But I can sleep comfortably with the bag zipped up (ah, no drafts and more cushion beneath me) or use it as a massive unzipped blanket.

It was exactly what I was looking for and I am impressed with the cost and quality. Using a compression bag (not the one it came with), it smushes down agreeably.

I am a fan of high quality compression stuff sacks for sleeping bags and clothes, especially in winter when I have multiple layers and much of it is fleece, wool and down – that kind of stuff will reduce 50% in volume in a compression bag.

I guess I could stick the shopvac nozzle in the top of a compression bag is I wanted max compression, but I don’t have a long enough extension cord to use the shop vac in camp the next morning.

Back