• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

The ultimate canoe trip! Washington to BC to Yukon and around Alaska!

Reaction score
http://beav-alaskaadventure.blogspot.com/

Thought you all might enjoy this! Bob is now "stuck" in Skagway. He plans to hike the Chilkoot Pass with his canoe. That alone is an ambitious undertaking. But Chilkoot has record snow depths and avalanches right now.

Its going to be very high water on the Yukon River especially if the rain and cold persist as they did last year. Campsites between just south of Hoolaquinta and Carmacks are on sandbanks..and last year there were spots that should have had campsites but instead had deadfall all along the river resulting from spring and summer flood. I suppose gravel bar islands will be hard to find too.

Its going to be very high water on the Yukon River especially if the rain and cold persist as they did last year. Campsites between just south of Hoolaquinta and Carmacks are on sandbanks..and last year there were spots that should have had campsites but instead had deadfall all along the river resulting from spring and summer flood. I suppose gravel bar islands will be hard to find too.
I'll let you know how it is at the end of next month, Whitehorse to Dawson. I know where a couple of those campsites are, but we do not intend to stop until reaching Carmacks. ;)

Next year the Yukon 1000 is on again. Much different rules than for the YRQ. Y1K requires night stops.... depending on water levels, weather, and other factors, one time we camped the first night a few miles south of Hootalinqua at a non-obvious but previously used site, and the second time we ended up a few miles past at another such site.

Last edited:
We found sufficient for us..but there were others that appeared to have been gone or with very very difficult access.

Back