• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Rain Lake to Canoe Lake

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Hope you're all having good paddling seasons. I did a four day trip at the beginning of August out of Algonquin's west side. It was an awesome trip. Great weather and perfect conditions. I had two great sites and one swamp site, so on the balance I'd call it a win. I've got day one up now and expect day two to post in the next day or so.

Thanks for the trip report. Waiting patiently for the next installments. Please, please tell us more about your aerial tent!! I've been thinking of buying one, but I'll have to hide the purchase as my better half already thinks I have too many tents.... and backpacks... and canoes... and, a lot of gear in general!

I love the tent. It’s the most comfortable sleep I’ve had on trip. I’ve always been curious about hammock tents but worried they would wreck my back. This is a nice mix of the two. The way they’ve designed it it’s more like a hanging tent than a hammock. There’s some sag in the middle, but nowhere near what you get with a hammock. The main drawbacks I see are that it’s heavier than the average solo tent thanks to the spreader bar system that keeps the tent floor flat. I also found those bars meant I had to rethink my packing strategy, but that’s not the end of the world.

Back