• Happy Birthday, Liberace (1919-87)! 🤵🏻🎹🕎

Quick Update from Japan

Reaction score
Hey folks! My ship is back out to sea after a short two-month break, which means that you're about to hear from me again!

So in the past couple months since I've logged in to our wonderful online fellowship, my ship has pulled into our new home in Sasebo, Japan, and I've had the opportunity to scope out some awesome outdoor opportunities for this summer. Once I get over the deadly giant hornets, speedy ten-inch huntsman spiders, and poisonous giant centipedes (had an eight-incher chase me around my barracks room the other day), it should be a heck of a summer. Tall mountains to climb, rocky coastline to fish, and the crown jewel: Kujukushima, a cluster of 203 islands in a sheltered bay only a couple miles from me. Word around the ship says that the morale department will rent canoes out for the weekend and shuttle them over for only about $30, allowing for weekend-long canoe camping. Should be a blast. I visited the islands on foot last weekend and found a beautiful wide-open area with some of the clearest water I've ever seen. Fishing was easy to do with visibility extending almost twenty feet down. I've attached some pictures of the area, I can't wait to post more about the area this summer, assuming I don't have the misfortune of meeting a nest of angry Japanese hornets!

Attachments

• photo9081.jpg
    photo9081.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo9082.jpg
    photo9082.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo9083.jpg
    photo9083.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 0
Back