Puckerbrush Primitive Gathering, July 15-17, Columbia Falls, Maine

Reaction score
Again, the Pleasant River Fish and Game Conservation Association is putting on their Puckerbrush Primitive Gathering at Columbia Falls , Maine (downeast Maine) https://www.prfgca.org/events/event.php/Puckerbrush-Primitive-Gathering-2/
They have a Facebook page too.
There’s lots of hands on things to do for all ages, build and shoot a bow, start a fire with flint or friction, work with a real blacksmith, canoe poling, etc.
I’ll be returning with some wood canvas canoes, I even plan on canvassing a canoe over the weekend.
2B2C8CAA-7CAB-4320-930F-AA778A22FBE6.jpeg

Reaction score
Sounds like a fine time with like minded folks. Too bad it coincides with the WCHA assembly. Maybe next year.

Bob

Yes, I had committed to this event before talk of the CanoeTripping.net wood canvas gathering around the WCHA Assembly dates started.

Reaction score
Since I’m the op, I give myself permission to go off topic😉

Where are you going in Quebec, Drew?
Hi Robin- La Verendrye. We will be going July 11-16th. Not sure if your interested… but since I was little..about 7/8. My father ( a geologist) went on a 10 day canoe camping trip with a fellow geologist/ researcher. His preparation for the trip and the tales after had a lasting impression. Here it is 40 years later and I am finally fulfilling ( what I hope to be one of many) my dream. After watching your videos and my love of the traditional… that’s what has set this in motion. My wood canvas restore is looking to be complete by the fall. So thank you for the guidance and inspiration. Cheers
Drew

Reaction score
Hi Robin- La Verendrye. We will be going July 11-16th. Not sure if your interested… but since I was little..about 7/8. My father ( a geologist) went on a 10 day canoe camping trip with a fellow geologist/ researcher. His preparation for the trip and the tales after had a lasting impression. Here it is 40 years later and I am finally fulfilling ( what I hope to be one of many) my dream. After watching your videos and my love of the traditional… that’s what has set this in motion. My wood canvas restore is looking to be complete by the fall. So thank you for the guidance and inspiration. Cheers
Drew
That’s great, LaVerendrye has some great circuits, enjoy.
Btw- fishing in LV can be expensive, so I just buy a 3 day Quebec license for the middle of the trip, with matching LV fishing permits. I try to match my lic/permit days to potential good fishing areas and no portage heavy days.